Planning some new free stuff

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, May 20, 2012.

1. Actually love the time zone, but I guess I'm used to it after 30+ years, LOL. Get up early, done trading by 1PM - enjoy life - especially in my younger years in the Bay Area.

And, sure, offices in NY. We had about 45 locations at one point, when it made sense to put bodies in a single room because of the cost of point to point T-1 lines and all that. Now, it makes much more sense to keep everyone connected online, much more efficient. I do like coming to the office myself, however.

Don

#21     May 21, 2012
  2. LOL!

In my college days I drove a friends 1976 Bicentennial Year Eldorado Convertible on the weekends. I would use that car to cruise up and down Daytona Beach in the early 80's, and those Hawaiian Tropic girls used to jump in on the weekends for a ride. I think it was a 7.0 Litter V-8 and gas prices were never a concern, not then. LOL.

http://automotivemileposts.com/eldorado/eldo1976lastconvertible.html

#22     May 21, 2012
  3. Not to worry. I drive a 2005 Dodge Magnum now, with a Hemi, but only have about 30K miles on it, so I doubt I'll be burning through too much gas, LOL.

My best Daytona Beach story, is when I took our Solar Electric car we built for the actor, Leslie Nielsen. He and I cruised up and down the beach, we did an MTV commercial with Benny Hill, funny as heck. The Hawaiian Tropic girls going up and down the in the elevator all day.... just stayed in the elevator, LOL. Same year as Naked Gun 2 1/2, 1991 or 1992 as I recall.

Here is another Destiny 2000 that I sold to the President of Disney, Frank Wells. Great guy, unfortunately died in a Heli skiing accident.

[​IMG]

Here's Leslie on the beach in our car:

[​IMG]

Nice memories.... all the best,

Don

Don

#23     May 21, 2012
  4. all that sand and oil.

probably not the best for the limited edition white leather............:)

s

:D

#24     May 21, 2012
  5. Who doesn't want to be done at 1pm?

#25     May 21, 2012
  6. No one.

But who wants to start at 6:30 a.m. (I'm up by 4:30 a.m.)? Yeah, that's what I thought.

The best hours to trade U.S. markets are in Europe (haven't tried it yet). The worst hours: the Far East (hard to enjoy the nightlife).

#26     May 21, 2012
  7. I set the alarm for 6:20 and my workstation is in my bedroom. I love the 6:30 start.

#27     May 21, 2012
  8. You are an animal.

#28     May 21, 2012
  9. I've done that as well, but I have to say... up at 4:30, in the car by 5:15 - at the office by 5:30...pretty nice.....

Don

#29     May 21, 2012
  10. The hum of the CPU fans are a pain, but you acclimate. In the 90s I had Translux plasma tickers in the house.

#30     May 21, 2012