Planning some new free stuff

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Don Bright, May 20, 2012.

1. See above, sorry was actually ordering out for some dinner, LOL.

Don

#11     May 20, 2012
  2. hitnrun

hitnrun

don

by the way nice car . good luck with it

can't wait for the free stuff your offering

we all can learn from others , sharing is caring & your ok in my book

#12     May 20, 2012
  3. hitnrun

hitnrun

We have several strategies, and our commish is right in line with the top firms. To prove this, I called Echo and Generic in the last month. The average, for a serious trader is about 35 cents, with full ECN rebates back to the trader. And, You know that is where the real pricing is, right?

50 max., 25 for over 1000 shares. Drop to 40/25 at 500k shares;

Don

Well you named only 3 prop firms in this biz . right in line . not really

There are many others you never really talk about

generic is way out in left field on being competitive with anyone in the prop space

You guys are not as competitive as most of the other prop firms on the street
    The other 95 % offer usually better commissions .

some traders don't neg or know any better so their loss in not doing any dd

#13     May 20, 2012
  4. Thanks, appreciate it.... I'll post some fun stuff along with invites to our workshops...

Don :)

#14     May 20, 2012
  5. Not what I'm hearing or seeing from applicants. All things considered, I'm still sure we're still very competitive. Can't count the Canadian rebate firms, of course, and since we've been with the same Clearing Firm since 1978, can't imagine better pricing. We do have overhead, and I would worry about any firm that doesn't take that into consideration.

Thanks Hit,

Don

#15     May 20, 2012
  6. hitnrun

hitnrun

most traders may disagree with your biased view about your commissions being in line

then again what about remote traders they pay the same as all your other traders right ?

we are all big boys & everyone chooses what works for them

some of us traders that pay much less will disagree with your view , no big deal

rather pay 2.00 instead of 4.00 any day of the week in commissions , all i need is quality execution
    I call that smart trading

#16     May 20, 2012
  7. Yes, most of our traders are remote, and pay the same low rates. Thanks for pointing that out. 95% remote these days, saves a bundle in brick and mortar expense.

Don

#17     May 20, 2012
  8. hitnrun

hitnrun

don.
    curious i never asked you

How many full time traders that show up daily to trade in your las vegas office ?

#18     May 20, 2012
  9. Not many. Most trade remote, as with 95% of our traders. We have switched to our own Family trading account primarily (Bright Investments), leaving the Bright Trading, LLC as remote... a couple of reasons for doing so. We do have a constant stream of visiting traders, as you can imagine..."Vegas Baby" LOL. Nice way to write off a vacation I'm told.

Don

#19     May 21, 2012
  10. hitnrun

hitnrun

probably not many traders living in vegas anyway & the time zone is a killer

I know nyc has multiple prop offices with a good amount of traders in them

#20     May 21, 2012