Planks

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by speedo, Aug 9, 2018.

1. speedo

speedo

Anyone else do planks? How long...seems to be differing opinion on where law of diminishing returns begins. In any event, it's good stuff.

2. I am adding them in slowly but still do full body crunches. I like to rely on core getting hit doing other stuff haha.

I don't like them though...

3. speedo

speedo

No, they suck but do a lot of good,

4. But seen a lot of info how planks work so many parts of the core as well as other parts of the body.

Since I am no where near 5 minute planks I doubt I am even in the same country or time zone of where diminishing returns set in :).

5. Planks are supposed to work the "core." I think most exercises work the core to some degree, particularly compounds for either upper or lower body. Having said that, I used to do these for a short period about 5 years ago:

upload_2018-8-9_17-26-6.png

The glamour wore off after a while. I don't think it added anything, so I stopped doing them.

6. "These" referring to the men or the exercise? :)

Pics are so small I cannot see actually.

7. speedo

speedo

:D

8. Funny guy. :p

I can't make the pics larger, so you'll have to increase your browser viewing size.

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I haven't done them in a while, but I usually did one set to failure and timed it with the stopwatch on my phone. I remember starting off at about 1 minute 30 seconds, and eventually working myself to a personal record of about 3 minutes 45 seconds. I got tired of doing them because they are just so damn boring.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  10. speedo

speedo

Going for increasingly longer time seems to be a burn out deal on them. I'm doing 3 and change now but will back down to 2 minutes a day. Like brushing and flossing, not fun but something you just do.

#10     Aug 10, 2018