Plan for a Part Time Swing trader?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Trade4_Freedom, Jan 4, 2013.

1. This sounds like every traders "pipe dream".

Doubling your money once per year is not enough? You have to revolutionize the trading world by doubling more than this?

To the OP.....

I hope you realize the ridiculousness of this authors quacky post, therefore stay away from all said authors advice. Anytime someone posts garbage like this they pollute the thread and perhaps the entire forum. Don't fall for such obvious scams. They should be banned. Frankly, it's insulting. Most come here for serious discussion. Unfortunately it often is hard to find.

#11     Jan 14, 2013
  2. buwa84

buwa84

Hi jack hershey,
    Great advice. I'm in the same boat. Part time trader from Toronto with a fulltime job.

When placing trades what sort order do you recommend. Stop Limit orders ?

These are what i use currently. I set the trades up the night before. I usually try not to trade during the day because at work it can distracted and i find im in a rush.
    Hence whats the best way to set up trades the night before

#12     Apr 24, 2014
  3. for timing, I believe you need to trade in the fast lane.

Harris notes the role you play among the 32 options he lists. As a parasite, you are scoring the market cycle of the stock. your goal is to frontrun those to whom you are a parasite. By frontrunning, you get pushed in the forward movement of the cycle.

So in the am you have a 1 1/2 hour lead in time before the turn occurs on that am. My habit is placing orders within 15 minutes of open for stocks. An Excel sheet is a good way to operate and its columns can be set up to differentiate among the choices to always be using the highest money velocity stocks.
    volume leads price by an hour and 1/2 when you are doing position trading and rotating streams of capital.

If I am at 100K shares the ratio of entry to exit is about 20 to 30 in partial fills where the partial fill size in just under the max block sizes going through. I usually ast to get cash for an entry. If you think of momentum and physics, entering late and leaving early makes for doing rollowvers and just riding the high velocity parts of the curve.

The BO trading of CW is so trady that it often looks like about half of the potential profit is lost on any given trading hold. See those who are drawing the imprpoer lines elsewhere.

#13     Apr 27, 2014
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

There are no part time traders! You either trade for a living or you have a hobby...

#14     Apr 28, 2014
  5. buwa84

buwa84

Im still paper trading and trading with a very small balance... But in the near future i'm planning to $5000.00 start with. Do you think this is enough and what stock prices it best for this capital ?

#15     May 6, 2014