Placing cash with Managed Funds

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fearless9, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Why would active traders have any interest in investing with managed funds?

Also, how much capital are you planning to invest? That makes all the difference, as far as your options go. If you search for relevant keywords, you'll find that this topic has already been covered many times on ET.

#11     Oct 20, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

Ill agree with the "no sherriff" part...but wild west not so much. I would be willing to bet that there are more mutual funds than hedge funds that go under.

We hear about the hedge funds in the news becuse they are "the big thing"...but there are SOOO many out there and I think most want to stick around long term just like any other business. I think much less than 1% represent the irresponisible actions that plague the image of the rest.

I would go hedge fund WAY before i went mutual fund...as a matter of fact, i think mutual funds are inherently broken as an industry. the mechanism and regulation involved a big handicap.

#12     Oct 20, 2006
  3. Many thanks dac8555.
    What about offshore?
    Would you still prefer hedge over mutual.

I imagine the Company to be more important than the fund manager.
    People come and go but the Company needs to stand for a great deal longer as well as providing the backup for their managers.

While we are talking offshore .... do you have any preferences.

#13     Oct 20, 2006
  4. hi

its been a year since this thread was written

just wandered whether there was an update on it
    and what was the outcome ?

#14     Oct 24, 2007