Placing a dollar value on ET

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Gabfly1, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Notice that on ET there is no excess of Ads. For example, there are no ads inside the threads. I don't think I am using any pop-up blocker but nothing pops up in my face on ET. The ads are always placed in the same locations and usually I don't even notice them. This is important to me as a user and makes the site user-friendly.

Baron is making good money with his site but he is not pushed to try to monetize every square inch of the space.

#21     Oct 22, 2010
  2. OK. My mistake. You ever used a whore? Ever seen one with an ad tattooed on her ass? So business models are about value to the customer or value to the advertiser? Oh! I keep forgetting! Here, the customer is the advertiser.

#22     Oct 22, 2010
  3. when it comes to selling a product, service or subscription via the www, all 3 can be
    profitable, as too advertising only sites, obviously Google, Yahoo and EliteTrader
    have proven that
    personally I like the 'conservative' nature of EliteTrader, the site design (tho I would
    like to see an 'Attachments' button top right crn of thread as attachment hunting is
    a chore) I think it works well, I like the layout and the fact the design/layout hasn't
    changed - hope it won't; I appreciate the conservative approach to advertising -
    weren't the Yahoo forums' pop-ups a failure ? - EliteTrader's up-time is very good
    with few problems and Support/Contact replies have always been Fast ime

also ime there's a lot of VERY knowledgeable members who've provided me via their
    posts and pms very useful information, knowledge, help and assistance, especially
    when it comes to discovering what I didn't know I needed to know, and I believe it's
    EliteTrader's format that attracts and retains such members and their contributions
    and it's not just getting a reply or opinion to questions, there are Experts who Do
    know the answers and provide them

I also believe that an individual can and should expect to make money from EliteTrader /
    and the member content via trading systems/journals, picks/calls etc etc etc as
    well as the what not to do; being an EliteTrader member has certainly motivated /
    incentivized me to improve my trading, and, All the EliteTrader content is Free

'Placing a dollar value on ET' as a user, would I pay for an EliteTrader subscription ?
    no, I think EliteTrader should pay me ; )

#23     Oct 23, 2010