PJ Crowley: Bradley Manning's treatment by US 'stupid'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Mar 11, 2011.

1. cstfx

cstfx

The US treatment of the man accused of leaking secret cables to Wikileaks, is "ridiculous and counterproductive and stupid", US State Department spokesman PJ Crowley has said.

Mr Crowley made the remarks about Bradley Manning to an audience at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

"Nonetheless Bradley Manning is in the right place," Mr Crowley said.

Private Manning is being held in solitary confinement at a maximum security US military jail.

He is shackled at all times and has been on suicide watch at the Quantico marine base in Virginia.

Mr Crowley was asked whether his comments were on the record and replied, "sure".

He could not immediately be reached on Friday to clarify whether he was speaking in a purely personal capacity at MIT or representing the view of the US State Department.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12717275?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2. olias

olias

I don't know many of the details of this case, but going into it I think we all have to be open to the idea that there may be times when our government is doing things that you would have to fight your conscience to keep quiet about. The mentality of 'do as your told and don't use your brain or question anything' leads to situations like you had in Nazi Germany. I think it's clear he wasn't releasing information to put soldiers at risk or betray his government. It appears he did a very brave thing based on his conscience, and whether you agree with his decision or not, or think he made a grave mistake, ...let's see how this plays out before getting a lynch mod to hang this guy.

3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You are a fucking traitor and a demented libtard.

ON IGNORE!

4. cstfx

cstfx

Likewise. Your postings have been nothing but the rantings of a little, immature douchebag.

Now run along.

5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Added. And do fuck off.

6. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, 377 sounds exactly like scatophagos. Hmm.....

7. cstfx

cstfx

What??? Are you saying that people have more than one sock-puppet?

8. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, of that there is no doubt. I'm just surprised at the possibility, as scat has never advertised his genius, while 377 has. And 377 does not use the emoticons the way scat does, so one would think there is a strong emotional difference between the two, hence they are two. Of course, a clever alt'er would change the style and tone of his posts...

9. pspr

pspr

Hey, OHMS. Your ignore list is catching up to mine fast. Just be careful that you don't run out of liberturd idiots to argue with on ET. :D

Of course, that usually isn't a problem. As soon as one fades away another one seems to hatch out of his egg.