PizzaHut operator bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Jul 1, 2020.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

PizzaHut operator bankruptcy

NPC International, the largest franchisee of Wendy's and Pizza Hut, filed for bankruptcy, under pressure from COVID-19 lockdowns which have decimated the restaurant sector. The company has struggled to move towards delivery and away from traditional dine-in, as labor and food costs have risen. Bloomberg

Nobert likes this.
  2. Turveyd

Turveyd

:( I like Pizza Hut hopefully won't affect my local 1 although not been in atleast a year.

More jobs lost :(

3. guru

guru

This.

Nobert likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Pizza Hut's been under the water for years now and now they blame on a virus for their downfall? Really?!! That's the lamest bankruptcy I have heard so far.

wrbtrader, Nobert, Relentless and 2 others like this.
  5. Turveyd

Turveyd

Only go for the in the day all you can eat and I likely get my VFM so my fault, sorry Pizza Hut!!

Nobody to go with in the day currently, too expensive of an evening.

And supposed to be on a diet LOL

6. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

I remember loving Pizza Hut as a kid but as an adult you're like.. that pizza sucks.

Relentless, zdreg and Overnight like this.
  7. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Ah. Step back from Pizza and apply this thinking to government right now... Decades worth of malfeasance in the financial affairs and budgets of pensions, states, govt entities and agencies are in play. Not in question, but in play! Quid-pro Joe even told his donors so yesterday... He will end most of Trumps tax-cuts and "a lot of you may not like it."

Make no mistake... THIS is what Wuhan Virus is all about now!

BTW, The fiscal year starts today, July 1, for many/most states. Watch the new local taxes take affect. Popcorn, not pizza.

Relentless likes this.
  8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Nowadays even frozen Giovanni pizza or target fresh is better than delivery chain stuff.... I miss New York pizza

Overnight likes this.
  9. zdreg

zdreg

It is not a lame bankruptcy. They are saying that the virus was the tipping point which pushed them into bankruptcy, The article mentions other restaurant chains which have also recently declared bankruptcy.

Nobert likes this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

These bankruptcies are jobs that will never ever come back, with tens of thousands of small businesses staying shut for good and new bankruptcies everyday this will just snowball into a long deep recession.
    However the more bankruptcies the higher equities rise.

#10     Jul 1, 2020