PivotPoint

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by aqualib44, Oct 28, 2006.

1. aqualib44

aqualib44

Has Anyone done day trading using pivotpoints pl ? Whats is the success ratio and how u go about it pl tell

Thanks & Regards

2. I'm not sure what you meant by 'pl'. Please elborate.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

3. So basically you just want someone to tell you how to use pivots points successfully just because you asked?

good luck:eek:

4. Yes go ahead and use pivot points, along with 10+ years of studying and trading intraday and you should do fine.

5. dinoman

dinoman

Pivot points can be useful, just keep in mind they are not always a stickler. Then again that goes for any strategy. IMHO. I have found them most effective in the E-mini S&P futures trading.

I would second bSparkyman comments too.

6. jolor

jolor

Buy above pivot and sell below pivot.

Good luck.

7. I know that trading is a zero sum game, but why do some people have to be such as*hol**?

Just because a subject has been talked about before is no reason to be d*cks about it. Not everyone started trading the day this forum went online. New meat/traders appear everyday. Why should they be punished because you spend your time on the forum (and not enough time watching the market)?

Here are some options:

1. Asher's Pivot Magic course. Stupid name, but a good place to start. Try reading some of his free posts on various sites. (i.e. google him).

2. Go to the CME web page and check out the webinars by John Person. Also go to his site for info. He offers books and course on his site.

3. GOOGLE pivot TRADING/PIVOT POINTS and read as much as you can. (the market is closed tomorrow).

4. Use the search function on the site and read what you find. There are those that are willing to share useful information, not just scorn.

5. SCREENTIME, SCREENTIME, SCREENTIME.

** it's always a good idea to do a search before starting a new thread. Also remember, trading is simple but not easy. Many traders here have spent time and money in an attempt to learn how to trade. You can't simply expect them to just give everything away to a newbie.**