Pivot Points for the next trading session...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by jmiles301, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Hello all -

Just curious if anyone is familiar with some kind of an online resource that has the capability of providing pivot points for individual stocks for the next trading session?

I use Esignal and they do not adjust their pivot points until the open. There are certain strategies that I use where sometimes I like to get involved with a stock if it happens to open immediately on R1/S1 etc but I never know what those are going to be until the market opens which makes planning for those types of situations somewhat difficult because opening moves off of those levels can sometimes be very fast.

If there was a website or something out there that could provide those reference points in the after hours for the next session that would be super helpful. Not sure if one exists but thought I'd see if anyone was familiar with one.

Thanks for your time,

-jm

2. It is not unusual for the previous day’s and week’s high and low as well as the session open to act as pivot points. My understanding is some pivot points are derived from the average of the previous days high, low, and close. There are other pivot point calculations, but the ones mentioned seem to have more potential value to me.

3. speedo

speedo

Pivot point (PP) = (High + Low + Close) / 3.
    • First resistance (R1) = (2 x PP) – Low.
    • First support (S1) = (2 x PP) – High.
    • Second resistance (R2) = PP + (High – Low)
    • Second support (S2) = PP – (High – Low)
    • Third resistance (R3) = High + 2(PP – Low

You can setup an excel formula and plug in your own numbers

jmiles301 and cafeole like this.
  4. Also, I believe charting apps like NT can add this as an indicator.