Pivot Levels

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dbphoenix, Dec 30, 2003.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Pivot levels have been awfully useful lately, particularly yesterday and today, but no one mentions them. Is anyone besides funky using them? If not, are there any questions that haven't been answered and that are preventing people from experimenting with them?

2. traderob

traderob

Thanks for bringing this up.
    I use them, but I always have a nagging doubt that there is something more I should know. Would love to hear from the pivot pros!

3. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Anything in particular? Something you've noticed?

4. I,ve noticed that quote tracker has recently added pivots as a TA indicator but I can't seem to get this option to work. If I have to calculate them myself then I,m not interested.

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Funky provided a good spreadsheet that I use. I'll see if I can find the link.

6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

7. Boomer

Boomer

are yall using the standard formulas for calculating them. i am about to start trading them too.

8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The formulas ought to be under the numerals in the cells. Click on a cell and check the formula bar above.

9. iriekity

iriekity

I use fibonacci levels as pivots as well as support and resistance and I have to say that it works great. Where as I use to trade 2 to 3 names, now I trade anything that meets my criteria. It was at first tough to switch from trying to figure all of this out with just charts or formulas to letting software do it all for me, but now I would never go back. Good thread!

10. Boomer

Boomer

could you give an example of how you use fibonacci levels as pivots. thanks

#10     Dec 30, 2003