Pitty the poor...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tampa, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo

Your definately out of line criticising somebody's spelling.

#11     Mar 4, 2002
  2. dereksas

dereksas

This is inane, and I wish someone would put a stop to it. Who's board is this anyway?

#12     Mar 4, 2002
  3. ddefina

ddefina

"too" short! couldn't resist

#13     Mar 4, 2002
  4. Good one! Oh the AGONY! I wondered how long it would take someone to point that one out.

Are we having fun yet?

By the way my spelling bee hopes went down the tubes in 4th grade when I misspelled "FREIGHT". I before E except after C was my Waterloo.

#14     Mar 4, 2002
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't understand how anyone can look at the market and expect that it will be "fair" for all involved. Any-one who is spending hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars, for example, on a membership at an exchange does so for an edge that you and I can't get. Firms on Wall Street spend millions of dollars cultivating relationships and on infrustruture etc, and they do this to get an edge that we cant if we don't do the same thing. It won't ever change. If most traders spend 50% less time bitching and pouting about the system, they would be a lot better off.

Brandon

#15     Mar 4, 2002
  6. It is true that the golden rule applies to trading:

He who has the gold makes the rules.

#16     Mar 4, 2002
  7. Commisso

Commisso Guest

Brandon i couldnt agree with you more... I have no idea what leads to the illusion that the market is here to accomadate... 99.9% of participants in any market acts out of selfish motives... And while the markets they participate in are indeed self-less in nature the particpants themselves are anything but...

PEACE and good trading,
    Commisso

#17     Mar 4, 2002
  8. well, since it seems people want to spell check this thread...i think you meant "accommodate"..lol sorry..

#18     Mar 4, 2002
  9. Miki

Miki

mgkrebs said

“lose is a verb, loose is an adjective and it's truly amazing how many dozens of traders don't get it write”

I think I got it right, right?
    :D

#19     Mar 4, 2002