pitchforks

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by racehorse, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Here's the third setup from Nqoos stuff, selling a failed re-test of the upper trend line (UTL). This is from yesterday afternoon so the context is that the sellers are in control. I think officially the short setup is for a decending fork, not an ascending fork. Again, there no way someone who follows price/volume would want to buy at that point in the day.

#21     Mar 11, 2004
  2. pete ..

for me, I've found that using trigger lines puts me into the future too far ...

I'll attempt to explain .. hope I can make it clear ...

when a fork is broken ... I discard it ... .remove it from my chart

normally, I'll have three to six working forks on a chart, depending upon the time frame ..
    rarely do I venture farther back than a Daily view, but most of the time I have 144 as my oldest ...

the most important (to me) are the 34 and the 13, but when a trade is open (for me) I rely strongly on the 3

trigger lines have proven for me to be a clutter .. but it has been several years since I've used them at all ..
    I'll take a re look this weekend on some of my charts

strange .. I still can't submit a gif chart as I tried with this post ...

#22     Mar 12, 2004
  3. pete ...

volume for me has been of vital import in all my trading for a long time

the emini has changed my mind "somewhat" as to how much value to place on it during market hours, though

however, the emini is about the only trade that I pay no attention to volume ....

for one thing, at the onset of the contract volume wasn't too reliable and, as I don't use that indicator now, I'm not sure how close to reality volume figures (if they're even available) reflect the actual happening of contract movement

#23     Mar 12, 2004
  4. QCharts and not being able to log on. ... sounds as if things haven't changed too much ....

what other feed do you use?

or is your trading style such that you don't need realtime data?

for years, I thought that valid data was EOD ... ggggggg

and, I agree, the charting ability of QCharts is great, but the feed is horrible

I tried a couple of times to get some refund of some amount from Lycos, but never even got an answer from CS

I've used a bunch of others in the past and, as I'm getting ready to return to active trading, I'm looking for a new supplier, but one that has the ability to draw forks ...

I like the way that StockCharts lets you draw one and change the color so easily to use multiple ...
    bit of a chore to have to pull up and click to change on QC

thanks for the reply

pic size on mine shouldn't have posed a difficulty as it shows 19, and I think that is pretty small as both the preceding ones I submitted were about that same size and they went through

#24     Mar 12, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

it changed from white fork down to teal fork flat then red fork up, which fork will be the correct for rocket monday?

#25     Mar 12, 2004
  6. nkhoi ..

I'm not a big fan of inside forks ...
    that is NOT to say that they don't work, just that I am addicted to the plain and simple old time forks .... ggggggg

so, the red one you have isn't in play for ME ...
    the teal one is my fork of choice ...

I have another drawn from the start point of the lower tine of the teal one that is much more rapid ascent and will most likely succumb in any down turn Monday .. but the teal one is stronger the way I see it...

I might just have to get another HD functioning to be able to post charts on ET ...

I feel sure that my difficulty is being caused by the multiple firewalls/antivirus/etc programs I have installed on these multiple ones I am using now ...

so, for right now, I can't draw to post here ...

#26     Mar 13, 2004
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

#27     Mar 13, 2004
  8. two fairly long term forks were broken
    and
    now, it is hard to find a UP fork with any
    longevity ...

here are three short term DOWN ...
    and they all stand more of a chance of being negated on the lower tines .... meaning down is certainly strong right now

#28     Mar 16, 2004
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

you pick the right one

#29     Mar 17, 2004
  10. on the attached chart I show three DOWN forks, the BLUE and the GREEN are of longer time frames so only the MID TINEs of them are visible in the 21 min time frame
    whereas the AQUA down and the PINK up are both showing all three tines

there appears to me to be a very important test of the only up fork of several days duration ...

the MID tines of three downwards coinciding alone makes for an interesting time/price impact, but the test of this UP PINK fork at that same point makes it more so

• qqq.gif
      File size:
      18.5 KB
      Views:
    #30     Mar 21, 2004