Pit Bull Safety

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ChkitOut, Jun 15, 2011.

1. here is my message to the delusional dog lovers here:

a dog is an animal bred from wolves. some of them can and will go berserk and maim people (and other dogs). :mad:

#21     Jun 16, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

only if the owner is an idiot.

How else do you explain the fact that the dog whisperrer guy takes on agressive dogs day in and day out, and has never beeen seriously injured by one in his entire life?

#22     Jun 16, 2011
  3. One question I have is could you take any breed and make them a fighting dog? Could you have fight to the death fights with any breed? Probably not I would think.

Some breeds just are not the least bit aggressive no matter how hard you try. I could be wrong. Just guessing.

I don't think you can deny that some types of dogs are inherently aggressive, like wolves or tigers or tasmanian devils.

#23     Jun 16, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

You are right, some breeds would be incapable of fighting, i had a king charles spaniel, when i was young, and the thing was basically as useless as tits on a nun. It was a task just trying to get him to get off of me on the couch cause he was the laziest dog ever, i highly doubt you could make a dog like that agressive.

But that doesnt mean that a breed like a pitbull is necessarily agressive, they just are more energetic,energetic dogs are far more likely to lash out then lap dogs, if not trained properly.

I have been bit by chihuahas twice, those little things have to be the most naturally agressive dogs i have ever seen, but you dont hear anything about it, because they are basically like a rabid squirrel, and owners often think that it is funny when a dog like that bites because it can not cause damage, so they do not disipline them. I think those dogs suffer from little man syndrome.

[​IMG]

#24     Jun 16, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Don't waste your breath bro. Shortie is a little short in the common sense area, and is VERY close to ignore as he's just not funny anymore.

#25     Jun 16, 2011
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah you are probably right.

#26     Jun 16, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed! The majority of what I'll get involved with a (dog) rescue with is a pitbull. It's BRUTAL how these VERY faithful, and loving dogs are treated by drug dealer thug trash!:mad:

I've seen and heard it all...

And the female pitbull I rescued from a kill shelter was bred at 6-8 months (TOO young!), and two other times by some... Well, "inner city" trash that wanted to profit from selling fighting dogs so they can gamble vs. work a REAL job. The problem was, her puppies didn't want to fight, nor did she. She was put in the shelter by the local police after her "owners" were jailed for animal abuse, cruelty, posession of crack cocaine, etc., When I got her they were 2 days from putting her down as they had kept her up to the point where if not adopted, they have to be destroyed.:( I guess dogs who aren't wanted are sent to death row which is sad as they didn't do anything to deserve to die for.

Our female takes over my LEATHER, SOFT suede couch when I'm at work, and my Wife will send me a pic now and then saying, "how's that 'off the couch' dog training coming along?":eek: :D

Here's a pic of her partly sleeping on MY couch. I couldn't say anything to her for that after seeing this pic. Lol!

#27     Jun 16, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

Leapie....I appreciate your contributions to this thread and your efforts to help animals. Keep up your good work.

I just noticed your handle could be construed as "lea-pup". Is that only a coincidence?

#28     Jun 16, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've been bitten by small dogs 20 X 1 to a pitbull, shepherd, doberman, etc.,

Of course, I do admit having to hide fear around a 110lb abused shepherd in a rescue situation who is growling. That one gets my attention vs. the ankle biters who either bite up to knee height, or fingers when you're trying to treat them.

When a big dog bites, they leave a mark. Why? They're bigger/have more mass which can create a larger wound. When a great white shark bites (rare!), it leaves a big "mark," and makes big news! If a 2-3ft baby nurse shark bites a calf, leaves a few teethmarks, small news. It is what it is. Big dogs produce more power due to sheer mass. IF they bite, they leave a "mark" that ruins a weekend. If a small dog bites, you get a red mark where they tagged you. Common sense.

It's just been my experience in the rescues I've been involved in that the big boys aren't much trouble vs. the little dogs who have attitude, and will let you know all about it. Lol!

#29     Jun 17, 2011
  10. I am sure none of these actually happened (top of google search):

'Brutal dog attack' killed couple | News | OnlineAthens.com
    Aug 18, 2009 ... LEXINGTON - A roaming pack of dogs mauled a former University of Georgia professor and his librarian wife to death on a dirt road in ...
    onlineathens.com/stories/081809/new_482836253.shtml - Cached - Similar
    Mount Vernon Man Hospitalized After Brutal Dog Attack - CBS New York
    Jan 6, 2011 ... When Maureen Martin looked out from her Mount Vernon second floor apartment, she saw a pack of dogs attacking her neighbor on Wednesday ...
    newyork.cbslocal.com/.../man-in-hospital-after-vicious-dog-attack/ - Cached
    Girl ,6, savaged in brutal dog mauling | Pet Pro Plus
    May 24, 2011 ... A SIX-year-old girl is recovering in hospital after being mauled on the face by a pet cattle dog. The child was bitten on.
    petproplus.net/2011/05/24/girl-6-savaged-in-brutal-dog-mauling/ - Cached
    Brutal dog attack brings awareness to animal abandonment - KSLA ...
    Mar 8, 2011 ... After a brutal three on one, an East Texas dog had over three hundred dollars of medical procedures and medications to nurse him back to ...
    www.ksla.com/.../brutal-dog-attack-brings-awarness-to-animal-abandonment?...

#30     Jun 17, 2011