pip

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Vinny1, Feb 27, 2003.

1. What does pip stand for and mean when it comes to forex?

2. It's a tick, or minimum price move.

Also the loser British kid on South Park.

3. What's the dollar value of 1 pip or tick in the 4 major currencies...euro,japanese yen,swiss franc,and british pound?

4. JayS

JayS

5. BigGun

BigGun

A ( pip ) is the smallest unit of price for any Foreign Currency (e.g., for USD/CHF one pip equals .0001 Swiss Francs and for USD/JPY one pip equals 0.01 Japanese Yen).

6. cartm

cartm

Also the loser British kid on South Park. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know, I hate that kid. Such a loser.

7. cartm

cartm

On another thread there is a pretty good discussion about traders moving to the futures & forex mkts. I know they are going to futures, but forex? I thought the issue here was no central system, globex, ace, eurex, liffee, plus clearinghouse. Am I wrong in thinking this? Everyone on ET seems to trade stocks, futures, or options, maybe some bonds, but I do not recall reading about active forex traders, trading everyday, making a living at it.

If there are forex traders out there who do trade actively, what brokers do you use? How are accounts settled? I know the leverage is 100:1, but how good are the intraday ranges? Can you compare it to the e50 or the nq, es? Who makes the market, and what are some of the platforms you use to trade foreign exchange....pats, TT, IB?....Any info appreciated tia. I noticed on the above link, which is a good link thanks for it, but I noticed it said somewhere......no commissions......thats usually one of the first shady signs.

8. danielc1

danielc1

Following my manual from my tv, pip means Picture in Picture.

9. danielc1

danielc1

Following my manual from my tv, pip means Picture in Picture.