Ping Time/Def or anyone

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by cgjung, Feb 21, 2003.

1. white17

white17

I have a dial-up connection to my ISP. From there it goes to the satellite and down to the gateway. Between the phone line and the latency on the bird, that's what I have to deal with. Wish it wasn't the case, but it is.

#11     Feb 22, 2003
  2. Get your own satelite; it is faster ...

#12     Feb 22, 2003
  3. white17

white17

I've considered that several times but Starband does not work with Windows NT. I just upgraded to 2Kpro so that excuse doesn't work anymore. I'm at latitude 62+ N so not sure I could get a good lock on the correct bird as it's very low on the horizon. The other thing is the heaving of the ground in winter. would I be able to maintain a lock. Any thoughts?

#13     Feb 22, 2003
  4. Worse thing is you realign it; there are also commercial solutions @ $ 500 month or so ...

#14     Feb 22, 2003
  5. white17

white17

I suspect I'll bite the bullet this summer and get out the chain saw. I'm surrounded by trees so will need to do some selective thining. I may as well give it try as this is terribly frustrating at times. Sometimes the string between the oatmeal boxes gets loaded with too much snow. :)) Actually the snow knocks out the satellite some days if it's heavy enough.

#15     Feb 22, 2003