PIMCO's Bill Gross says Bush should bail out homeowners, markets.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Ivanovich, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Too bad banks around the world securitized everything and sold it off...it might have been Salomon Brothers' idea originally, but everyone copied us on it.

This is a great opportunity to make money, but what I envision for the economy and the lives of people is not as exciting.

:D

PS - CDOs are not too different in essence from SPEs...how did that story play out? Is this bigger then SPEs?

#51     Aug 28, 2007
  2. yack

yack

I don’t think we should bail out the rich bankers or sub prime idiots who signed up, but when I think about the billions of dollars we are spending in Iraq why not help out our fellow Americans regardless of how stupid they are or how right you are?

Think about it billions going to Iraq and we can’t help our fellow Americans.

When they bail out these folks they should give us fixed rate folks a tax break to get us on par.

#52     Aug 28, 2007
  3. Poole

Poole

why we all discussing this

the end game is a foregone conslusion

1) fed cuts rates

2) fed keeps cutting rates as things get worse

3) fed and government do a whole bunch of mischief to encourage banks etc to keep lending out money with no risks to themselves

4) dollar falls

5) inflation kicks in

6) other countries weaken their currencies in response as dollar falls

7) inflation really kicks in

8) after 5-7 years of really high inflation, things are back to affordable levels, (as housing prices did not increase during the inflationary cycle)

9) rates are hiked, the dollar rallies again, the bad debts have been wiped out by now, new cycle starts

#53     Aug 28, 2007

4. gross wants the Feds to step in an stabilize the credit markets, which benefits PimpHo and their clients.

i have a better idea. the tax returns of every borrower on a Liar Loan, errr "no-doc loan" that goes into default should be pulled and reviewed against the loan app. if the guy lied, he should be slapped with a penalty and a deficiency judgement. he pays, not me.

i did like the part where you worked it around to where you got a handout too. get off your knees.

#54     Aug 28, 2007
  5. sprstpd

sprstpd

Unless he is being sarcastic in that note, then you pretty much have to take that article at face value. In which case he is an idiot.

#55     Aug 28, 2007