PIMCO supposed to sell out of GERMAN BUNDS

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Joma, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Joma

Joma

Dec. 20 (Bloomberg) -- European Central Bank President Jean-Claude Trichet said the economy of the dozen euro nations remains at risk of higher inflation, signaling he may endorse interest rate increases next year.

``Inflation rates are likely to increase again in early 2007,'' Trichet told the European Parliament's economic committee in Brussels today. ``This outlook for price developments remains subject to upside risks.''

#31     Dec 20, 2006
  2. AK100

AK100

I always liked the bit in Liars Poker when say the USD moved sharply overnight and clients wanted to know why.

Many times there wasn't a reason, markets move don't you know. So the boys on the desk always used to make some cock and bull up like heavy Saudi selling of Sterling to buy Gold in USD.

The clients loved it and of course believed it.

When I read that bit I loved it so used to make up crap like that all the time and yes it really does work :)

if you do it, especially if you make it kind of long winded your clients really get the impression that you're 'in the know' and are 'on top of your game' etc hahahahaha.

But be careful because a small % are too clever and know your game so with those clients it's best to be honest and say something like 'we don't know but let's try and focus on what this means and where we can go from here'.

#32     Dec 20, 2006
  3. Joma

Joma

I like volatility, too - yes I like it:)

#33     Dec 20, 2006
  4. "Most of the time when markets move, no one has any idea why. A man who can tell a good story can make a good living as a broker." Liar's Poker by Michael Lewis

#34     Dec 20, 2006
  5. great point. He could also be a CNBC reporter, newsletter writer, wire service journalist. Just spinning yarns after the fact. Don't have to be right or wrong, just sound smart.

#35     Dec 20, 2006