PIMCO supposed to sell out of GERMAN BUNDS

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Joma, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Quiet1

Quiet1

being bored for being long...

:(

#21     Dec 19, 2006
  2. i guess that would depend where you are long from. Good luck.

#22     Dec 19, 2006
  3. mcurto

mcurto

That is what I squawk, pretty much all options. On dead days those flows move the markets more often than not for a few ticks here and there and sometimes quite a few more ticks. Quite a few people find it useful. Why do you attack me? I haven't said anything disrespectful to you.

#23     Dec 19, 2006
  4. "Sorry to piss you off. I was just putting out there what I heard. And by the way, since you know everything about the 2% of the volume that goes through the CBOT floor I guess the fact that the largest banks (Goldman prop) and mortgage houses (Wells Fargo and Countrywide) are the largest customers of the 10yr options pit (and can easily throw around a 150,000 contract options position) has nothing to do with the volume that occurs down there. Again, my fault. If you aren't going to add anything insightful whether it be after the fact or what you think will happen in the future then please don't post. Would rather not hear you complain."

well then i apologize, i must have misunderstood this post.

#24     Dec 19, 2006
  5. mcurto

mcurto

no hard feelings. you seem to have a great market opinion. let it be heard and attack our opinions as much as you want. just don't attack someone's livelihood.

#25     Dec 19, 2006
  6. 10-4

#26     Dec 19, 2006
  7. Joma

Joma

#27     Dec 19, 2006
  8. great, he's been calling for rate cuts for a year and a half, very useful.

#28     Dec 19, 2006
  9. mcurto

mcurto

I agree. Wouldn't put too much stock into PIMCO talk after their position has been taken. They have been long size in the front end for over a year now so anything they say after the fact is really just to talk up their position. I can guarantee you we will not see less than 3% rates in the 10yr and 30yr at least until this February because they are short about 50,000 of the March 110-116 strangles in the 30yr options along with probably 75,000 March 106-110 strangles in the 10yr options. They almost NEVER have to roll strangles on either side so doubtful we will see much lower than 4% in the long end. Of course this can chance in a moments notice.

#29     Dec 19, 2006
  10. Joma

Joma

From time to time I am also listening to the comments of some ECB council members - you know these guys determening the benchmark interest rates...from time to time they have a pretty sound perspective on economic activity....right now they ´re telling me that that rate policy is still "accomodative"...

And my preferred analysis of a Central Banker is this one of Germany´s Weber :
    ``To assign a 50 percent probability to reaching the stability goal isn't good enough for a stability-oriented central banker,''

Source :
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=alX7ifig31hY

#30     Dec 20, 2006