Pimco and Blackrock say QE3 on the way....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by achilles28, Aug 3, 2011.

1. heech

heech

Fed doesn't need congressional approval, and are largely immune from election politics.

#21     Aug 3, 2011
  2. achilles28

achilles28

I'm flat. And my only bias is long because fundamentals point down and I expect the FED to intervene. What I'm saying is a costless plan of action doesn't exist. QE3 has it's benefits and costs. No QE3 has it's benefits and costs. The totality of both weighed against each other, from a politically perspective, I think, favors more stimulus. Stable employment and a weaker dollar? Or big layoffs and a stronger dollar? When push came to shove, Americans overwhelming supported more debt, despite all their outrage to the contrary. They wanted their checks. Principle falls to the wayside if handouts are jeopardized.

#22     Aug 3, 2011
  3. I realize that Bernanke doesn't require it.

#23     Aug 3, 2011
  4. joneog

joneog

When the executive branch says jump the the board asks how high. Congress is irrelevant.

If the administration wants stimulus, and can't do it on the fiscal side, we'll have QE3 or some other monetary machination.

Of course none of it will work, increasing excess reserves will not create more demand for credit.

#24     Aug 3, 2011
  5. achilles28

achilles28

Maybe. But I don't think Bernacke cares.

#25     Aug 3, 2011
  6. zdreg

zdreg

?
    politicians only care about being reelected.
    how is q3 untenable? the public is ignorant of economics. obama is the reincarnation of juan peron. he is for the poor. he is for the college slackers. he is for big unions ie gov't worjers. uaw etc. there are numerous of them in the country and on ET. conclusion is he will be reelected by a large majority and lead the country to a hyperinflationary depression.

is the avg. person in the US smarter than than the avg. in argentina.

what is untenable?

#26     Aug 3, 2011
  7. Tell you what, at the end of the day the world economic and poltiical systems will melt down as a resultof lawless multinationals who own and operate corrupt governments the world over. of course its all done under the guise of globalisation and market efficiency. In the end we will all be on the losing side of this trade.

#27     Aug 3, 2011
  8. And if QE3 does happen?

QE3 will signal that they finally admit we are in a Depression. A real DEPRESSION. They can not kick the can down the road, it is here and QE3 will force News Papers to print DEPRESSION. Of course the Propaganda Machine will spin it toward the fault of Tea Party or something of that nature.

GOLD will shoot to 2000. Oil will double as will gas prices.

Food prices will double.

Market will sell of harder than it is now people.

QE3 in the form of printing money will put all hope of any recovery, all be it false hope, out the window if made public.

Now, if in typical fashion of "OBAMA" and by pass Congress and pull a behind closed door move....slowly leaking printed money out in to the system...like they just did for "HOME OWNERS IN TROUBLE", then the Shock of the printing of money will be slow. Much like a frog in a pan of water, heat slowly being turned up on the frog....only for the frog to realize when its to late.

IMHO, that is how QE3 will come about. 2013/2014

#28     Aug 3, 2011
  9. At some point this QE shit has to stop. I've heard about some time before I was born, that the economy used to be allowed to go through it's cycles naturally. What happened?

#29     Aug 3, 2011
  10. m22au

m22au

Politicians and central bankers started to get involved where they shouldn't. Most of them (nearly all of them) don't want a deep recession / depression on their "watch"

#30     Aug 3, 2011