Piers Morgan losing it again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Do you really believe that crap about locking your doors?
    Do you lock your car and house ?

#51     Jul 25, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

Lol all you want, you are not getting it. Investors are loaning us, e.g., $1000 today and asking, in real effect, for $990 back ten years from now

#52     Jul 25, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Don't own a car and believe it or not, I don't lock my apartment.

I should point out I live in a doorman building.

#53     Jul 25, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Brass, come on now, you are just being difficult. Here is a better analogy, is it better for us to determine on our own if we want to lock our car doors or have the government impose fines on us if we leave our cars unlocked?

Brass, do you support the war on drugs yes or no?

#54     Jul 25, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

But you own guns?

#55     Jul 25, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Never owned a gun in my life.

#56     Jul 25, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just curious if any of you gun control folks believe in our drug laws. You know the laws we have on the books that are suppose to stop people from using illegal drugs. I eagerly await all the responses from the left.

#57     Jul 25, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

I will not address that analogy because it is a non sequitur in the context you propose. If you're not willing to make the mental effort to draw a proper parallel with the car analogy, then I won't waste my time either.

As for the war on drugs, yes I support it. However, not in the manner it is being addressed. I don't wish to discuss that particular war, however, because I have already done so repeatedly in the past and have no desire to repeat myself.

#58     Jul 25, 2012
  9. achilles28

achilles28

We need more guns, not less. Whether you liberals agree with it or not, it's our 2nd Amendment Right to keep and bear arms. The entire purpose of the 2nd Amendment was written as the final and last check on tyrannical Government. It ain't for hunting, folks.

#59     Jul 25, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

My point about bringing up the war on drugs was to demonstrate that laws cannot stop people from purchasing and using illegal drugs. Sure, it will stop and be effective in trivial cases. The same is true with guns. But if someone REALLY wants a gun and really wants to buy some drugs, no law is going to stop them. The laws are simply making it more profitable for the dealers, both gun and drug.

#60     Jul 25, 2012