Piers Morgan losing it again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

#31     Jul 25, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This has been my position on tax increases from the start. I would consider paying more taxes if I knew it wasn't being thrown into a wasteful abyss.

#32     Jul 25, 2012
  3. That's like posting a picture of a 95 year old who's smoked cigarettes all their lives as evidence smoking isn't dangerous.

#33     Jul 25, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Not at all. It's simply to point out that you cannot stop 10 sigma events from happening through legislation. Legislation is only effective curbing trivial crimes. History has shown this time and time again.

#34     Jul 25, 2012
  5. I didn't watch the show and won't, I can't take too much talk shows anymore unless it's entertaining or smart. This gun control talk is BS anyway. Almost everyone is for some gun control, the disagreement is the degree of gun control.

#35     Jul 25, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sure. But I took particular offense to this garbage spewed by Moore that white people want guns in the suburbs to protect against those dangerous colored folk that might leave the city and come out to the burbs to get them. Piers never challenged him on that. He just sat there. Moore said the gun problem is NOT in the cities but the burbs. Is he high on crack? He said guns in the city are not the problem. Has he been to Chicago?!!?!!?!!?

#36     Jul 25, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

So the authorities should stop trying? What possible point could you be trying to make here?

#37     Jul 25, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

At the more fundamental core of the argument is the idea on the left that the government can control people which they can't. I rather treat the cause, not the affect. Spend more money on trying to find guys likes Holmes BEFORE they go postal. Rather then pretending if we make guns harder to get that people like him will simply throw their hands up and say, I give up.

#38     Jul 25, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not a matter of trying. It's where you put your resources. Kind of like Bush spending all our money and resources in Iraq vs going after Bin Laden eh? Not sure if you realize this Brass, but contrary to what your friends on the left tell you, we have very limited funds and resources in this country. LOL.

#39     Jul 25, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Sure, the cause is always a great place to focus, but not at the expense of the effect. It need not be either/or. Cutbacks in fundiing of mental health facilties don't help to root out the "cause" part. As for these outlier events, notice how they always seem to involve automatic-type weaponry. I wonder if there might just possibly be a connection between the the speed at which these firearms can be discharged and the amount of carnage that ensues, resulting in such outlier-type events...

#40     Jul 25, 2012