Piers Morgan losing it again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

For once we agree on something. While I don't mind listening to O'Reilly or Chris Mathews when I want to hear one side rage their argument, I expect to get a more balanced and subdued conversation when listening to Piers. All he did was make the left look over emotional on issue that requires reason and logic to debate.

#21     Jul 24, 2012
  2. Piers is stiff lipped . . . . just like 377.

#22     Jul 24, 2012
  3. I must admit I also think he was being a little overbearing and he totally missed the point that crime is different than murder.

#23     Jul 24, 2012
  4. The great irony in all this blathering about gun control is that it just creates more uncertainty and distrust and people respond by loading up on weapons and ammo they are afraid will be banned.

It happened in 2008, and no doubt is happening now.

#24     Jul 24, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

And who does Piers have on tonight? Michael Moore. And more gun control talk. At least tonight he is not screaming at his guest. Only because he agrees with him.

#25     Jul 24, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Oh for f*cks sake. Michael Moore thinks the gun problem is white america who lives in the suburbs is afraid of the colored guy from the city coming out to get them. Are you f*cking serious? Good lord. We're never going to be able to have a real debate about this. The left is just completely unwilling to be reasonable.

#26     Jul 24, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

There is an analogy to discussions about taxes.

If the left was even slightly willing to address the spending side of the federal budget then I would be quite a bit more inclined to discuss tax increases. But they won't and insist taxes be increased without any effort given to reducing federal spending.

If the left would acknowledge the second amendment in any meaningful way then many of us conservatives would probably be inclined to discuss some restrictions on assault weapons, some increase in the background checks for handgun purchases etc. But they refuse to acknowledge the right to bear arms in any form so there can be no rational discussion. There is no common ground from which compromise could be achieved.

The *fact* that the federal government under Barrack Obama forced gun dealers to sell thousands of assault weapons to Mexican drug cartels without any attempt to track those weapons looks like an unconstitutional attempt to manipulate the gun control debate. That cost many mexicans and quite a few US citizens to lose their lives including an INS agent. There is really nothing to discuss with this regime, it was caught red-handed engaged in illegal activity that it intended to use to subvert the constitution.

#27     Jul 24, 2012
  8. Not watching it and I think my days of viewing this arrogant windbag might be over with. Generally, I enjoy his non-political interviews, but it's becoming rather evident that as his ratings increased he has just become another leftist mouthpiece.

Forget it.

#28     Jul 24, 2012
  9. mgrund

mgrund

Gun Control? so how do expect to win a war without guns?

#29     Jul 24, 2012
  10. Mav88

Mav88

There is no gun problem with american whites, the outliers like colorado are anecdotes and mean nothing. England has a murder rate the same as other european countries that have gun cultures.

#30     Jul 25, 2012