Picking Tops.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Dackster, Nov 18, 2006.

1. romik

romik

whyohwhy where are you?

#41     Nov 20, 2006
  2. Learner

Learner

He is busy of cutting the losses

#42     Nov 20, 2006
  3. romik

romik

:)

...On Monday S&P has declined to a 2 day low
    Whyohwhy proclaimed he was right wow wow wow
    When S&P reversed and bulls came charging in
    They took his dough, his car and his ET log-in

#43     Nov 20, 2006
  4. Seems you're right romik. It's tough trying to make a profit as a prophet - perhaps he could try life as an escapist. Nothing bad about making a wrong call - just don't remove the post when you're instructing a newbie on how certain you are in your ability. A wrong call is all part of his instruction.

#44     Nov 20, 2006
  5. romik

romik

I mean he could be right and the market might decline today, but going around making suggestions to people uncertain about analyses like 'just short it Monday' - is a stupid thing to do.

#45     Nov 20, 2006
  6. agreed!

#46     Nov 20, 2006
  7. What could be interesting is if we turn down late today and sell off the next couple-- it would be a reaction to this ridiculous M&A activity. The overseas markets have begun to realize that something is up. Bubbles pretty much everywhere- the last time we had this much takeover action was off course the internet top. It's a fallacy I belive to make an valuation judgement on the market based off companies eagerness to buy each other. If Freeport wanted PD so bad why not make a bid a month or so ago when it was trading in the high $70's?
    One thing to keep in mind is last years end of year action we had our Santa rally going into Thanksgiving and for a day or two after we got back then we went down until the new money came into the market after January. It feels the same this year.

#47     Nov 20, 2006
  8. #48     Nov 20, 2006
  9. The top is far far away

This is just the start..

#49     Nov 20, 2006
  10. romik

romik

These are my estimates for levels where a pullback might be a lot more possible than right now based on the daily chart. Possible divergences might occur at the following levels:

Dow30 12425-12440

S&P500 1420-1430

Russell2k 800

Nas100 1820

I haven't got a clue if these divergences will occur though, just an estimated probability looking at the daily chart formations at the moment.

#50     Nov 20, 2006