Physics and Trading? Hmm…….

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FutTrd, Sep 18, 2006.

1. fletch2

fletch2

Probably should. Maybe ask these guys, who run probably the most profitable hedge fun of all time:

"How scientific is it? Do you actually use models from science?
    The approach is scientific. Scientific sophistication is important. Do we directly apply the Navier-Stokes equation? No. Brownian Motion is something that has a better chance of being applied. Brownian motion is a way of looking at data and ordering random activity, or activity that looks random. Models like that, and approaches like that are very useful. Some stuff comes out of math and physics, especially math where various optimization techniques are used. It's more the sense and sophistication of doing science. We use very rigorous statistical approaches to determine what we think is underlying a phenomenon and really do explain that part of it. But it's not like proving theorems."

http://www.seedmagazine.com/news/2006/09/seed_interview_james_simons_2.php

#51     Sep 24, 2006
  2. FutTrd

FutTrd

hey Dafishman

thanks for your donations

you work for me, and others who are smarter

you just don't know it. :p

and just to make it even more unreal for you.

you know how traders complain that FOREX is hard.

its even easier for me than futures

put that into your pipe and smoke it.

#52     Sep 24, 2006
  3. future trader, i can sit here and say I make 1 million a day, where is my proof? You will gain credibility when you start to show what your mouth is rambling about how EASY it is...and how we're not wired for this and that....

YOu sound more and more ridiculous...I am trying to watch football and I keep getting messages that someone has responded...I got to unsubscribe from this thread....

Some people you cannot say anything to them, you fall in that category, you're always right, the smartest there is, the rest of us are chumps who cant trade and work for you....

You got it figured out....what can I say....Can I have a million when your done trading tomorrow? Think of it as charity, KARMA...So easy for you man, if you want to trade my account with legal docs all in place, I will give u a deal....

You said you triple it every few months (3 i think you said) tell ya what, I will split with you 50-50? Hows that...

{Put it in your pipe and smoke it and let me know when you come back from cloud 1200 tell me what you think)

#53     Sep 24, 2006
  4. I have a superior physics trading formula I'm working on. Basically, all stocks pass through a substance called "The Ether" and its just a measure of finding out where the ether is, relative to the stock market in order to determine the stock's course of action.

I will soon be a multimillionaire due to this theory!!!!@!!

#54     Sep 24, 2006
  5. FutTrd

FutTrd

common, do you really think that any trader who has some sort of edge will feel the need to prove himself to some guy on internet.

believe me I enjoyed proving myself to my friends and their sluts

but I just don't feel the need to prove myself to you

perhaps if you were to turn out to be my neighbor, then yes I would show you statements and perhaps more.

so that's it.

#55     Sep 24, 2006
  6. tell you what, u got me so excited I about pissed myself, I will up the offer....60-40 YOUR WAY.....

let do do some math...

3l starting = 90k in 3 months...
    90k *3 = 270k in 6 onths total time
    270k*3=810k in 9 months
    810k*3 = 2,430,000 for the year
    compounding should be NO problem for you...
    so you get 60% of 2,430,000
    1,458,000 for you...

Hope math is right...
    Tell ya what, lets make it EASY, just agree to give me a million, you can have the extra 458,000, thats a BONUS..
    let me know, i can have lawyer get paperwork together tomorrow and fax it over to you...

#56     Sep 24, 2006
  7. dan05

dan05

Hi dafishman,

One question. Why are you so sure Physics = useless . . . . for trading.

Have you checked the last years who is recruiting the most Physicists from the country ?

If they are use full, why would they get that kind of jobs !

Can you show us some hard numbers to backup your statements?

I've been trading for the last year and following for the last 2 years a system that is 100% based on Physics theory. And the only thing I can say so far, is that it might not be the Holly Grail, but it is in the neighborhood. And I can show hard numbers to prove it.

So... it would make a richer forum if you back up your statements.

#57     Sep 24, 2006
  8. well dan, lets see some proof,

Why do you need anything from me? Did i come on here stating what I am doing? or my figures in this thread? I dont think so, reread it and get back to me....

You and future are the smartest mothas on elite...You put RM and SteveT to shame, god bless you and yout 99.9% holy grail you got...

You should start posting in the P&L forum daily, gain some credibility...Maybe I will make a new handle and come back and say I made 10 million a day with astrology? SHoot, why not, you and future do it??????

#58     Sep 24, 2006
  9. IT MUST GO THRU THE ETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

#59     Sep 24, 2006
  10. FutTrd

FutTrd

ordinarily you would be quite right

however, you are talking to a 24 year old, I started 3 years ago, had my edge for only a year,

didn't have much to start with, so it will take 3-4 years to make serious money

also I am heavily margined, but that's because I know what I am doing.

you see, I didn't read books on trading,
    I wrote one in my head.

my comp skills also happen to be exceptional

do you see the connection

BTW I won't bother responding to you no more

OH SHIT new episode of simpsons in 3 min

#60     Sep 24, 2006