Physics and Trading? Hmm…….

Discussion in 'Trading' started by FutTrd, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Physics is good for making bombs or teaching physics to students...Other than that, you can wipe your ass with it...Who cares how long it take johnny to drop an apple off a 100ft high cliff..? I sure as shit dont......

IF you think there is a connection to ANYTHING BESIDES PRICE trading, you better stay the f at mcdonalds cause your delusional. You cannot tame the markets, take your system and if it hits 60%, you got a gold mine, be happy...

I know someone who thinks they need 80%, its like talking to a wall...If they see, 75% they panic and abandon it, looking for the next grail....People think their is some sort of magic that will allow them to Get in at this price and get out at that price...WAKE UP!!!Sure, you can throw darts, flip coins, pick blindly and do that...Now show me that year after year, that is the true test. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you may become a better trader...There is no holy grail, those 5k trading systems, they mean CRAP, show me one, just one, with statements that make money day after day....

The sucessfull people know, 55-60% is the grail and that is how they make it...

#41     Sep 24, 2006
  2. FutTrd

FutTrd

You sir are WRONG, how do I know, well I have a system that is 80 % accurate and I do portfolio doubling in 3 months, I would like to do it even faster but my colleges would not let me, as they are not as good as me.

would you like my statements, oops
    you are just a pixel in my life

I won't go through trouble of erasing my personal info from statements then posting it

then have people say you are faking it BLA BLA BLAA

#42     Sep 24, 2006
  3. Off course before any transaction you need to switch on your computer or use your phone....or perhaps use telegraph...

You see, even before starting trading you need physics...

#43     Sep 24, 2006
  4. trendo

trendo

Wow! I never met a septillionaire. What's it like?

#44     Sep 24, 2006
  5. FutTrd

FutTrd

Trendo

to answer your question, its great, wish you could understand

but you can't, absentmindedness and probably a religious mind is suffocating you

you are imprisoned within your own mind.

you can't make any real money because you are biologically not able to.

your brain CAN NOT think to level required to grasp properties of charts and you are unable to have AHA moments

its not your fault, you have to be born right and you have to grow up right

with enough stimulus

do yourself a favor, spend next saturday not on a party but on a top of tall building

and try to think in silence about people about this planet and where its all going and how it all translates into MONEY

#45     Sep 24, 2006
  6. If I were to count on physics to help me trading, it would be a time machine type of thing that can probe the future, even advanced only by 1 minute. One time while doing back testing I came across a strategy yielding 10000% a year, only to find later I swapped future-present data by mistake.

Better yet, with space warping I may be able to access other people's account...

#46     Sep 24, 2006
  7. LOL...I think we have all done that...

#47     Sep 24, 2006
  8. Physics and trading do not mix. Trading is NOT about science, plain and simple. Trading is about what the truth of the moment is, not another time, thus the truth is reflected in the price. nothing else matters, the diploma from class is for PHYSICS, not TRADING, why combine two separate worlds? FOLLY at best..LOL

Myself i believe there is a folly about those that indeed know physics from school, the folly being that those people believe they are smarter and wiser than those that did not take physics in school. (some people just flat out disdained science, period). So once they took the newfound so called wisdom out into the real world and discovered it was in most cases useless they sought another formula for making a pile of dough from a flawed education. ...... "man with a computer and my brain , wall street should be a snap, after all economists are second class citizens compared to a math wizard like me" FOLLY again.

Think of physics as "falsies" on a bimbo. The bimbo has had a tough time of it and needs to find a nitch soon in life. She gets a boob job to "ENHANCE" what she has learned in school and personal looks etc. The new found nitch might enhance an evening dress for attracting attention...........BUT, the truth in the self con-job is revealed when it is time to show the real deal. I believe many science guys face this same rude awakening when they try to find a "NITCH" for their flawed education.

traders do not wear evening dresses to become winners, physics guys need to dress for the occasion.

KISS, works, physics is useless and overlill. best of luck guys/gals.

#48     Sep 24, 2006
  9. Physics methodology, e.g. statistical analysis is meaningful for building/evaluating stragegies. betting size optimization is another example. Most common naive approaches attempt to find a physics analogy in the market, such as:

a universal governing equation that makes the market predictable (analogous to the laws of motion);

creation of metaphoric concepts (such as momentum, and many others), that are by large useless;

Curve fitting: the most obvious, and most likely to fail;

Others like wave theory, Fourier analysis, etc. all too obvious to be useful.

#49     Sep 24, 2006
  10. Ok I will say this one more time, and to the guy who triples his account every 3 months, put your statements where your mouth is....YOUR FULL OF IT...

Physics = useless garbage....UNLESS Your a teacher, unless your an engineer or a teacher, reciting it from the books for others to conprehend.....

NOW to the guy who said, we need physics to turn on the computer and lights, that was YEARS AGO, we are talking about NOW. Physics will help your trading like astrology will....

If you really believe that, you should seriously get some help...

What next, History will make you a better TRADER? Or how about basket weaving or gym class.....

I got one tip for your physics nuts and trading, now I will only share this with my fellow elitetraders....

I TRADE Avogadro's number(OUR LIL SECRET) Depending on the day of month, this is what I do...I times is by the day of the week, then I flip a coin, heads / by2, tails/3 and add 65 to it...Then compare it to the $indu and if it is sunny, go long, rainy go short, cloudy---re-flip....

That theory right there is worth BILLIONS, not millions, BILLIONS...

You can thank me later... :D

#50     Sep 24, 2006