Physical Settlement FX Brokers Forum

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by QuantaFX, Jul 28, 2012.

1. QuantaFX

QuantaFX

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a Forum for Foreign Exchange Brokers who physically settle i.e. look after Importers / Exporters rather than engage in non settlement margin / leverage trading?

Thanks,

Josh

2. QuantaFX

QuantaFX

Thanks for your reply. I'm more looking for Foreign Exchange (FX) Brokers who help Importers / Exporters manage their Foreign Exchange commitments and risk through instruments such as FX Spot, FX Forward Contracts, FX Swaps. Other derivatives would be in there, but CFDs would be low on the list for this type of business.

By physical settlement I'm referring to the end clients of these Brokers taking actual delivery of what they have bought. For example, a diamond wholesaler in the UK will have a US dollar commitment in the form of invoices they need to pay (or expect to pay) for the diamonds they receive. The Broker will transact the FX deal and provide the US funds to the diamond wholesaler to pay off their invoice.

Sorry, if I have gone too basic here. I just wanted to make sure there was no vagueness about what we were looking for.

It might be that I am looking for Importer / Exporter Forums / Tradeshows that Foreign Exchange Brokers would target with the intention of finding new clients.

Any ideas would be great.

3. QuantaFX

QuantaFX

I think my issue is that I didn't realise this was a Day Trading site only and so my question wouldn't have any relevance.

Thanks to all those who looked though.

4. Have you ever heard of something called the futures market?

You won't QuantaHorseShit, let alone FX if you don't

This made me LOL:

"Brokers who help Importers / Exporters manage their Foreign Exchange commitments and risk through instruments such as FX Spot, FX Forward Contracts, FX Swaps"

Brokers don't help anyone but themselves, they do not trade and are not in the business of "helping" firms manage their risk. The risk management department in the company doing the trades manages the risk, not the broker.

5. JamesL

JamesL

6. t482

t482

Not sure what you are looking for - but I working a firm that does this. Physical settlement is typically wire transfers sent via Barclays or Citi settled in semi real time.

Anyway ping me andif you are looking for something specific.

7. Nym

Nym

Both Oanda and IB should offer services that may be for you.

If you look for the future market Oanda is probably not what you are looking for.

8. So your saying that you don't use the futures market for hedging against unforseen risks

???

9. jharmon

jharmon

Western Union offer this type of service - they acquired Travelex's corporate business FX unit a few years back. Not quite the spreads of the interbank market but certainly better than any bank.