Physical Gold - Paper Gold has MASSIVE Divergence

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by AMT4SWA, Oct 8, 2008.

1. U.S. - England - Germany.........no where is there an easy place to get actual physical gold coins/bars at this time. So if the physical gold SUPPLY is NOT meeting the true DEMAND, why is the paper gold instruments not breaking out to new highs. Yet another act of market MANIPULATION in place with the financial grid takedown.....so how many brokers of paper gold instruments ACTUALLY HAVE the gold if needed for delivery (another huge default blowout soon to take place in the near future???).

2. just21

just21

You have to pay 17.5% tax on gold coins in the UK. I am just getting cash out every day from the ATM.

3. 2000$ gold in 2009.:)

4. No. The Fed and other central banks may be keeping a "lid" on the market so that Asians and Europeans don't stampede there. :cool:

5. That would be awesome imo.....I bought paper positions for almost 3 years that I cashed all out as we broke above $1000 (scaled out from $1000 on up). As gold prices retreated off those highs, I started buying physical from $750's and below. I am hanging on to my longer term physical gold positions for what seems to me to be an inevitable parabolic move in the next 12 to 24 months.

6. It is not that easy to hold a big beach ball under water for a prolonged period of time. :)

7. You're mostly correct. The Fed can drink a lot of water such that the level comes down to that of the beach ball. :cool:

8. You must not have seen the movie Jaws. That friggin shark took 4 barrels under (yes four). Quint nearly shit himself. I don't wanna spoil the ending for ya in case you missed it.

9. I disagree.....they THINK they can, and in the end they WILL LOSE!!! :cool:

#10     Oct 8, 2008