Phuket - The Ultimate trading Location.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Peternam, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ybfjax

ybfjax

Funny how people make comments like this with no basis in reality. I'm just passing through Rangsit, Siam Paragon, Fortune iT, Wong Wien Yai, etc and there is NO water whatsoever.

Tourists can open bank account. You have to be a little persistent, and know where to go. If you have a non-imm visa, it is a little easier. If one branch says no, polietly walk out and try a different day, speak to a different person. Go to a different branch, etc. Some clerks do not know any better, but want to "save face". There is also a "certificate of residence", but that's another thread altogether and is unnecessary for a savings acct. When I opened my first account a little over a year ago in phuket, it took about 30 minutes and I walked out with debit card in hand ($10 usd/ $6.50 every year to keep debit card). I had non-imm visa and business card of guesthouse I was staying. You could actually go to ATM and withdraw your initial deposit right away if you wanted to. Unlike USA, in Thai you can do many things with a savings acct.

Make sure you setup internet banking immediately after opening account. Some banks you do this at ATM machine, other banks you do it online. Do it the same day or next day. Do not leave thailand before setting everything up you'll need, and keep the local sim (you can use it internationally to receive OTP SMS passwords to use certain features. Kasikorn bank (Green bank) tends to be the most foreign friendly, but Bangkok Bank is good to have at least one acct because of the ACH/ETF transfer ability from USA (new york), London, and Au branches into the thai bank acct.

www.thaivisa.com is a much better resource for visa, banking, and living questions.

#21     Dec 15, 2011
  2. ybfjax

ybfjax

I had friends day trading forex on EDGE connections using AIS/DTAC in patong beach or bangkok, but I recommend that only if you really have no other options. But I would suggest a landline ToT/CAT/3BB, followed with one wireless connection (CAT CDMA/AIS/TRUE) as backup.

#22     Dec 15, 2011
  3. Man,you made my day!!!!

#23     Dec 15, 2011