photon trader vs. ninja with zen fire

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dam5h, Jun 17, 2009.

1. boid-dog

boid-dog

what about cqg front end (w/o charts that is). That alone is reasonably priced. Doesn't hurt to have two brokers on different machines, so Ninja or IB would make sense for charts and backup broker. It' s quality and won't break the bank? TT is available from Velocity on a per trade basis. You would have to trade quantity for their slightly higher commissions to make much difference. Or find desk space at a brokerage, especially if you are in NY or Chicago. I think speed will be increased dramatically. That is a bit more costly though. Or you could place orders 2 hours before the market opens. I know traders who do that.

#11     Jun 19, 2009
  2. dam5h

dam5h

thanks, i will look into the cqg bit, thought that was data only and not execution.

I am not near those cities and trade too dynamic a method to place orders that early, though I assume they often cancel them if things aren't going as planned

at this point i think ninja is out, a little more bloat than i need (which in theory only slows the app down), and i don't require charts; though they would be nice backup.

i discovered another option in tranact's in house program AT, seems very fast and very simple. no platform fee thru infinity either.

so now it looks like AT vs photon.

#12     Jun 19, 2009