PHOENIX TRADING's 2013 Prophet and Loss Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PHOENIX TRADING, Jan 4, 2013.

1. I'm not saying 24% is impossible but it's far from the norm or ease of grasp as you seem to imply.

I just showed you the Top 100 large hedgefunds, the best and brightest in the world.The 24% you bandied about puts you at about the 94th percentile.

How about this : Compile me a list of traders, hedge funds, mutual funds advisers of whatever AUM you like, then show me what percentage exceeded 24% gains.

#41     Jan 6, 2013
  2. 1) Exactly how do you plan to do that? You plan to be the counter party to ALL my trades? If you make more money or higher returns than me good for you.
    Or you could back up all that bluster and start your own thread and we'll compare our respective performances. .

2) I didn't say that , but ...

3) Well since I'm a clown will it piss you off if I honk my shiny big red nose in your direction?

#42     Jan 6, 2013
  3. I'll be nice , but if you were on the P&R forum right now: I'd be threading your ears for my necklace collection of the vanquished.:cool:

#43     Jan 6, 2013
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

:D

#44     Jan 6, 2013
  5. Redneck

Redneck

(Wasn't thinking about discipline as much as I was all the other human crap that pops up - no matter)

Fair enough PT

Trade well Sir :)

RN

#45     Jan 6, 2013
  6. My apologies if I made the wrong assumption.

Feel free to spell it out if you wish.

thanks for the well wishes :cool:

#46     Jan 6, 2013
  7. cornix

cornix

First of all I wish you good luck in this journey!

Second, I'd like to somewhat agree about stops in the following sense: IMO stops should be placed where trade statistically shows low enough probability of finally working so that it's not worth to hold anymore. In such case, stops are absolutely logical.

#47     Jan 7, 2013
  8. cornix

cornix

I would not measure trading small private account by the same standards as hedge-funds/large CTA's. In my experience, 24% ROI per year with relatively low draw-down is not only possible, but pretty realistic to achieve if you swing trade. Likely much more than that if you day-trade.

#48     Jan 7, 2013
  9. Thanks

I guess my view on stops is unorthodox, but I think it depends on your trading method.
    If you are a daytrader I think they are essential.

As a position trader arbitrary stops both stop loss and profit protecting are ill advised unless the reasons for entering have changed significantly.

There's nothing quite like only catching 10% of a 100% move, except maybe getting shaken out prematurely losing 5% on an eventual 100 % move .

#49     Jan 7, 2013
  10. cornix

cornix

Yea, for position trading stops are probably not as critical, cause even strong intra-day move does not constitute serious amount of the risk taken on position, so it's probably better rely on market action to exit either for profit or a loss.

#50     Jan 7, 2013