Phoenix Trading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

#41     Nov 26, 2012
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

I don't understand. It looks like you both agreed to use a TST validated account and he has started trading in his and is already up. He says you need to join by midnight to get the discount that they are offering. They will validate your trades so everyone knows that it is all fair and accurate.

Lucrum has a screenshot showing that you agreed. Seems cut and dried.

#42     Nov 26, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

He did but doesn't have the balls to follow through.
    No, that was my nickel and dime Oanda account. I did register for the TST combine though within the last hour. It starts Wednesday.
    He doesn't want accuracy. He keeps harping on a journal because he knows he can cheat.
    Without the ability to cheat he's fucked and he knows it.

#43     Nov 26, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Ok, so he still has time to get setup.

A couple of winning trades will pay the TST fee for him.

The reason I'm puzzled is that he isn't even giving himself a chance. Maybe he has trading skills. My short conversation with him about risk management was pretty disturbing but maybe he'll prove me (and just about anyone involved in trading risk mitigation) wrong.

If he doesn't even participate it is like he has given up before even starting. An ET journal can't be verified or the trades validated so that is just a non-starter. More importantly it isn't what you guys agreed to. He clearly accepted the conditions you offered so people expect him to sign up for TST and start trading.

I considered offering to pay the fee for him but I think he makes ok money as a nurse so he could/should pay his own fee. It isn't very much money so I don't see what the big deal is.

#44     Nov 26, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Till midnight tonight CST.
    And that's just for a $32 discount. He can/could sign up any time he wants.

Actually the Combine itself is a simulator. I played with it several weeks ago to get familiar with their platform. I don't have much sim time but it struck me as pretty accurate and realistic. For example as far as I could tell a limit order was in effect placed in cue. So just because there was a trade at your limit order doesn't mean you'd get a fill as on some sims. I don't really like their T4 platform but I can live with it.

Maybe, but my take is he doesn't and he knows it. He is literally scared to death everyone is going to find out. Hence his excuses, backing out on the Combine and insistence on an unverifiable journal.
    He's claimed recently he doesn't average down but I'm thinking he's admitted it at some point earlier.

All pointed out and reiterated by me all day long. He ignores it and tries to turn it around on me.

He either can't afford $128 or he's using it as what he THINKS is an acceptable excuse to back out.

#45     Nov 26, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

RCG has just become the "Joke of ET." He might as well run away for good. He'll never live this down. :p

#46     Nov 26, 2012
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm not going to let him.

Personally I don't think he ever intended to compete. He made a stupid statement about me "not having the balls to start a journal". Only problem, he's never had one either. When called out on it he starts blustering about a trading contest. I offer to use the TST Combine as a venue for such a contest. He ultimately agreed. Obviously now, on the assumption he wouldn't actually have to follow through. Hell, even if someone started a journal, he wouldn't follow through with one of his own. And even if he did there would be no screen shots. Just unverifiable claims of entries and exits. He actually believes everyone here is stupid enough to take his word for it, even his ET buddies.

Without the ability to make unverifiable claims of trades. He's totally fucked and he knows it.

#47     Nov 26, 2012
  8. I can see it now

#48     Nov 26, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

You'll be happy to know I posted an link to this thread in the Prop Firms forum.
    Over the next couple of weeks practically everyone on ET will know RCG is a chicken shit coward who ran screaming like a little girl from his own trading challenges.

[​IMG]

I'm told there's an old saying in the rough sections of Boston.

"You don't have to win every fight, but you do have to show up".

#49     Nov 27, 2012
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Careful Lucrum. A mod posted yesterday warning us to stay down here in the basement. Don't get into trouble with them. We're the misfits who are hidden from sight but account for 90% of the site traffic. :)

#50     Nov 27, 2012