Phoenix, AZ 5 bedroom home under $100k!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by DT-waw, Feb 24, 2012.

1. how are the crime rates? Is it the type of area where meth-heads will strip the copper out of the house? I heard AZ has a bad meth problem.

#11     Feb 25, 2012
  2. Banjo

Banjo

3. DT-waw

DT-waw

Where I live (city of exact same # of population), the avg yearly salary in financial sector is about $20k.
    The avg price per sq feet is $220.

In Phoenix the avg salary in finance is $60k and this home is priced at $36/sqfeet.

This means 18x cheaper in purchasing power.

USA is dirty cheap...

#13     Feb 25, 2012
  4. thats what happens when property lobby loses it.

#14     Feb 25, 2012

5. its all a question a of perspective they look at houses as bi-product of the mortgage business in a way their selling under the price is their equivalent of a stop loss in trading.

also because if you leave a house with no occupants it wastes away , when people live in a house they keep it up and keep vandals out, you can easily spot a abandoned house it just rots away. its cheaper for a bank to sell it under market price than to send good money after bad.

#15     Feb 25, 2012
  6. Yeah I live in the phoenix area and that area certainly is in the dumps of phoenix. I know exactly where that is, you'll be driving around the worst areas in phx, and then all of a sudden you'll see a nice neighborhood (like that one) and then it'll turn dumpy again

Phoenix is a great place to live. One of the things I find interesting about phoenix, is that is has got to be the cleanest / newest city I've ever seen. The downtown kinda catches you off-guard as, it is very clean, well kept up, landscaped well. All in all a very nice city.

Weather is awesome (although 2nd to southern california)

#16     Feb 25, 2012
  7. I lived in Phx during the early 2000's and built some of these track houses. I remember that area..... If you keep going south until you reach the base of the mountain, there is a very cool little neighborhood airstrip with a challenging approach. It's just outside of Sky Harbor's restricted airspace, if you stay low........

http://hangarhaciendas.com/photogallery.htm

:D

#17     Feb 25, 2012