Philosophy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scalp100, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Do you think reading the "Art of War" helps in trading?

#21     Apr 24, 2011
  2. GS19

GS19

You can know too much

GS

#22     Apr 25, 2011
  3. Can studying philosophy help you improve as a trader?

While it may be an interesting diversion, I don't think it would helpful to many traders. Much of my progress in trading has been due to weeding thru information and mis-information to find and focus on those things that really make a difference. I think that adding to the existing overload of trading information is more likely to be a distraction than a benefit for most people.

#23     Apr 25, 2011
  4. Ya Peters is right. I had an interest in philosophy before I got into trading. I might as well had an interest in collecting stamps.... its useless.

You overthink, rationalize..

You'd be better off with a good depository of music or film knowledge...(the reason being you start to see different social dynamics in play with films and in music you detect certain stylistic stuff that a well rounded knowledge might have some usefulness to it)

And trade skills... working with numbers, shapes, forms... something like construction or reading drawings, imo is good to have as a background skill because you can visualize stuff and determine if the Market can let something happen or not...

#24     Apr 25, 2011