Philosophy of the Stock Market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by scalpmaster, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Once upon a time in a village, a man appeared who announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10 each. The villagers,seeing that there were many monkeys in the forest, went out and started catching them.

The man bought thousands at $10 each. As supply started to
    diminish and villagers started to stop their efforts, he announced
    that now he would buy them at $20 each.

This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started
    catching monkeys again. Soon, the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms.

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50 each. However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now buy on behalf of the man.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers "Look
    at all the monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I
    will sell them to you at $35 each and when my boss comes back, you can sell them to him for $50 each."

The villagers queued up with all their savings and bought all the
    monkeys.

After that, neither the assistant nor the businessman could be
    found anywhere but the monkeys were everywhere!

2. Why don't you post the article link that you stole that from instead of plagurizing. I read it not three days ago, I just cannot find the link.

3. Love it!

4. lastcall

lastcall

It's not Shakespeare you moron, jeez talk about the sphincter police

And it wouldn't hurt you to learn how to spell plagiarizing before accusing others of it you goose

5. Got it from an email...thought it was funny:p

6. maxpi

maxpi

LOL, funny story really.

7. Seems everyone is missing the true potential of this situation. I would be more interested in selling banana's....:cool:

8. And that is a good point. Think of all the peripheral companies (banana) that depend on the Monkey company. When the monkey company cycle is complete and monkeys are free again, the banana companies drop off the cliff.

9. Makes no difference what it is, if it's not common knowledge or public domain, give the author credit for his work.

10. "After that, neither the assistant nor the businessman could be
    found anywhere but the monkeys were everywhere!"

That's the END? I hate stories that end like that. So is anyone looking for these guys? How long ago did this happen? Is there a reward?

#10     Sep 6, 2007