Philippines traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Hombre, Jun 4, 2010.

1. byteme

byteme

I didn't find SmartBro that reliable outside of Metro Manila.

Right now I think there's a promo: send a message UNLISURF 200 to the correct number (I think it's 2200) and you get unmetered Internet for 5 days for 200 Pesos.

#21     Jul 16, 2010
  2. byteme

byteme

...Until the next Typhoon.

Portable solar power?

#22     Jul 16, 2010
  3. palawan

palawan

Alona? It's very nice there, but it's further on the other side of the island, maybe next time we'll try that resort. It's also more expensive, no?

It's good to hear the speed of the internet has been resolved there.

#23     Jul 16, 2010
  4. palawan

palawan

It's a hit or miss. I have spent time at my compadre's remote town of Catbalogan, Samar. This is a place where they don't have any McDonalds, KFC, or any US branded restaurant, and yet, I used my Smartbro there and watched CNBC streaming broadcast (which requires about 400kb/s) with no problems whatsoever.

In contrast, I went to a town 2 hours by car from Manila and all I could get was dial-up signal (GPRS)...

#24     Jul 16, 2010
  5. palawan

palawan

Just go to a hotel/resort that has generator power...

An update on the Mall of Asia situation. Our electric has been restored at our apartment within 24 hours. Mall of Asia was good on the first day when we didn't have power, but after that, they have had no power since. No internet, either. Almost 3 days now.

We were there about an hour ago. Now we switched to Rockwell Powerplant mall. This is the Beverly Hills of the Philippines. Full power and internet here. I'm not even sure if they ever lost power at all. As the name suggests, there is a powerplant here in this exclusive subdivision.

If our electric was not restored on the 2nd day, my wife and I were planning on checking in to a hotel that has generator power, because no power meant no running water at the apt, also. Very happy when the power came back...

#25     Jul 16, 2010
  6. devilsaki

devilsaki

Guys, which brokerage do you guys use to trade your stocks here in the Phils.?

#26     Aug 20, 2010
  7. wow that's a great VPN i want to learn that tricks to..by the way does anyone know of a profitable emini trading system? I've heard some nice things about tradeyourfutures.com

#27     Aug 18, 2011
  8. Munson

Munson

I'm thinking of moving from Thailand to Philippines. I want to know if there is a reliable internet service (not wifi) cable, fiber or DSL that is stable available? Thanks in advance!

#28     Sep 25, 2015
  9. d08

d08

Yes there is. Converge ICT (fiber) is your best bet if you're in central areas of Metro Manila. Otherwise it's PLDT DSL which is uncapped. Personally I use Globe's 4G which despite being wireless is often better than PLDT, worse ping times notwithstanding but then again, you have mobility.

#29     Sep 26, 2015
    Munson likes this.
  10. Munson

Munson

Thanks for the help! Do you have any issues with droppage during the NYC trading hours? I'm using Ninja Trader. Last thing I want is for the signal to drop mid-trade. I can lease a server in US to handle latency issues.

#30     Sep 26, 2015