Philip J. Berg, Petitioner v. Barack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cazza La Randa, Nov 27, 2008.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

You folks fucked up.

Now George Bush will have to remain president beyond his term so that another election can be held.

Nice job, you extended the tenure of Bush/Cheney.

#21     Nov 27, 2008
  2. I think the electoral college can elect who ever the want as long as that person was on the ballot in their state and received votes. However each state does it a little different. Some are bound some are not and some states apportion their electoral votes according to which districts were carried by who.

My guess is that if Obama is ruled ineligible then they will pick HC as President, if of course it comes out before the vote.

If it doesn't come out before the electoral college votes then it probably will be buried but if it does come out after the electoral college vote then Biden will become President and he will probably pick HC as VP.

#22     Nov 27, 2008
  3. #23     Nov 27, 2008
  4. LOL, if you listen to the audio recording iit is obvious who he was speaking about and you could tell he knew he had fucked up by saying it.

All Obama has to do is produce his birth certificate which he can't because he doesn't have one.

#24     Nov 27, 2008
  5. Don't Democrats as well as Republicans want to know the truth?
    Seems to be a simple matter for Obama, produce the documents and everyone shuts up.

#25     Nov 27, 2008
  6. I voted for McCain and have been a lifelong Republican (verging on Libertarian when the Republicans stray from their ideals), but I can think of absolutely nothing worse for this country than for this issue to get blown into a full constitutional crisis that will make the "hanging chads" incident of 2000 look like a fart in the wind - especially given the precarious economic situation we're in.

As much as I did not want the Democrats to control both the executive and legislative branches of government, to have this election overturned would be a devestating blow to the psychology of this country and its leadership position in the world. Even if it's constitutionally correct, it would be viewed across this nation and around the world as a conspiracy to steal the election away from a popularly-elected black man.

Any of you who actually are hoping this issue gets traction are either dedicated nihilists, vengeful and shortsighted Republicans, and/or are heavily short the ES.

#26     Nov 27, 2008
  7. Upholding the consitution is the most important thing. You can't let some guy in the white house that is ineligbible.

There doesn''t have to be a crisis. Obama just needs to come clean and step down if he is not eligible to hold the office.

#27     Nov 27, 2008
  8. I would take Obama as President of the United States of America, regardless if he was born or Mars, or Venus, for that matter, and do so gladly.

Just as I would have gratefully accepted Mikael Gorbachav as POTUS, in his time.

Even if the claims of the prior post are correct, in this matter, two wrongs may make a right. It is undeniable that our current sitting president, George Bush II, was placed into power as a direct result of the illegal actions from the US Supreme Court, effectively making his presidency an illigitimate one.

It may be only fitting, and a true testiment to poetic justice, that Obama be 'authenticated' as president by the very SC that handed GB his. As for any concern over the (lack of) credibility on the part of the SC, they lost that years ago.

Just like in the matter of OJSimpson being acquitted principally to avoid further riots and bloodshed, and destruction of property, Obama will become our next president, regardless of claims to his citizenry to the contrary.

Unlike OJ, and GB, Obama is a blessing, and already is accomplishing more before he becomes sworn-in, than GB has accomplished in his eight year 'stint'.

#28     Nov 27, 2008
  9. If you don't think there would be the biggest crisis in this country since the Vietnam war protests if Obama was forced to step down, you're horribly naive of what people think and will do when they think something has been stolen from them.

#29     Nov 27, 2008
  10. LOL

#30     Nov 27, 2008