Philadelphia area office

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by slug, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Open one in Wilmington De and I come play if you pay for my family's health insurance. Futures or equities? Firms capital or my own?

#11     Jan 20, 2013
  2. gimp570

gimp570

are you sure they have an office in Philly?
    I could not find any info on there website.

#12     Jan 22, 2013
  3. Yes, i am certain. It is in Bryn Mawr on Bryn Mawr Ave--- I use to live right down the street, and know one of their top guys.

surf

#13     Jan 22, 2013
  4. slug

slug

I got a few PM's about my office in the Philly area and was a bit confused until I found an old thread of mine had resurfaced.

I set up an office in Berwyn when I moved back from NYC in '09. The bottom line is that unless you are in the city proper, most traders would prefer trading remote. The most common objection was the traffic/commute. I closed my office after a year and have been trading remotely ever since. No need for the additional office overhead when such a small percentage of guys hold little to no significant value in trading in-person with other traders.

In regards to other offices in the greater Philadelphia area, there are a few but nothing of great value based on the owners/operators that I have spoken with in the past. That being said, there are some smaller independent groups making serious money but the chances of becoming a part of those groups would be little to none.

I am now concentrating my efforts on an automated software that has shown some promise. Manual trading for the past 15 years is really starting to wear on me. Most of my efforts are focused in NYC and not Philadelphia these days.

#14     Jan 27, 2013