Phil Gramm

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PohPoh, Jul 10, 2008.

1. what a surprise.
    a cracker who made stupid remarks.

#21     Jul 11, 2008
  2. Phil Gramm is a great American.

My kind of guy.

#22     Jul 11, 2008
  3. I'll vote for McCain in a second over Obama although as a trader Obama's ineptness will create better opps.

-------------------------

lol Good call. I second the thought. He wants "change". Wait till he gets in office and finds out he is the one who is going to have to "change".

#23     Jul 11, 2008
  4. milica

milica

I'm an old man, in my mid-60's.
    Here's a saying that rings true, even if
    you're only 6:
    'When you point a finger at someone, you've got 3 pointing back at yourself".
    Another old proverb states:
    'There is nothing new under the sun'.
    Just some thoughts to ponder.

#24     Jul 12, 2008
  5. Pabst:

" The "Enron loophole" isn't the reason for high oil. Look at every other commodity. Is the Enron loophole to blame for Silver or Soybeans? "

Commodities in general are rising in part due to the drop in the dollar because of wild and reckless spending habits of Republicans.

#25     Jul 12, 2008
  6. Obviously you don't trade.

U.S. budget deficits as a % of GDP are smaller than the Euro zone and downright benign compared to Japan.

We're running a deficit of under 2% of GDP most of Europe (at least the big countries GER, FR, ITL) are between 2-3%.

The story is trade imbalance. If interest rate differentials or budget deficits were the ultimate arbiter of exchange rates then the Yen would be worthless. Americans can't even fathom the imposition of Japans public debt. For instance Japans government debt is 2.7 times greater per person than America's debt. The difference between the Yen and the dollar is the market knows Japan sells products abroad. We don't. Japan's tax base builds Camry's. Ours plays on the PGA tour or runs Hedge Funds. People in this country don't want to sweat in a factory. Americans want to play exec and innovate. LMFAO.. Or wait tables for $200

People can delude themselves as much as they'd like but the biggest reason the dollar is weak and the American way of life declining is because of trade. Period. When you send dollars abroad at a much greater rate than you accumulate other currencies in exchange you debase your purchasing power. Use YOUR FUCKING HEADS!!

Just the fact that each of us is challenged to find something in our dresser drawer or increasingly in our driveway made in the U.S.A. tells the story. Neither business nor government are the culprits. WE are the reason. Baby boomers were too “special” to work mundane assembly line jobs unless we were given a King's ransom to do so. That led to high priced domestic products. Enter Asia and a motivated cheap work force that was happy to leave starvation on the rice farm for work at the Nike plant. American consumers could have turned their backs on those cheap products but no!! Keeping up with the Joneses was now a breeze when you could do so off the back of some guy making a buck a day in Indonesia. Finally the worker in Asia says “fuck you America”. “Why should we accept one twentieth of your wage to do YOUR work?”

I'm surprised but there's a certain plantation quality to many libs. They were PUMPED when we raped and exploited the world for resources and goods. Now that it's pay day the lament is cry me a river.......

#26     Jul 12, 2008
  7. Pabst:

"People can delude themselves as much as they'd like but the biggest reason the dollar is weak and the American way of life declining is because of trade. Period. When you send dollars abroad at a much greater rate than you accumulate other currencies in exchange you debase your purchasing power. Use YOUR FUCKING HEADS!!"

I appreciate that you want to dishonestly compare the deficit between countries, but the US is currently running a DEBT of 36.8% of GDP and that does not include the "emergency" appropriations for Iraq which is a horrible additional debt.

Also, not releasing the M3 money supply figures reduced confidence in the currency.

And with the reduced currency comes reduced GDP, of which your jury-rigged numbers were using as a percentage. This will increase the ratio of debt to GDP which is also bad.

The Republicans have failed.

#27     Jul 12, 2008
  8. Our debt to GDP is lower than Japan, Canada, Germany, France, Norway and Italy. And I'm including ALL Federal debt.

#28     Jul 12, 2008

9. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

- Isaac Newton

On another note, these days, anyone can pull up any "fact" and massage it into their own world view.

However to any sane impatial observer, the US is about to fall into shit-creek. It ain't ever coming back either.

US GDP numbers are inflated, not only by a dollar that goes lower every quarter, but also by several non-productive service industries such as litigation and accounting.

Do what the children of the Republican elite are doing. Learn to speak Chinese and Hindoo.

Republican = Cluster Fucked member of the 20th percentile. Their moral majority sure didn't last very long.

#29     Jul 12, 2008
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

How about another post from the republican side about how Obama will raise your taxes and all hell will break lose and the roof will fall in.

On the application for membership into the republican party there is a question:

Even if you are a nothing today will you agree to stand behind tax cuts for the rich because there just might be a chance in hell that you might even make enough money in the future to even be considered by the IRS for a tax audit? A. YES, B. NO, C. You know you will always be a loser but it sounds good to say you are a republican because you know you are to stupid for the progressives. D. I give you the power of attorney to answer that question for me.

#30     Jul 13, 2008