PhD in Economics

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by WallStGolfer31, Sep 28, 2006.

1. gnome

gnome

Hey CO... is your Quadro still looking good?

#51     Sep 30, 2006
  2. Yes it is and thanks again for the assistance with the setup.

#52     Sep 30, 2006
  3. gnome

gnome

:D

#53     Sep 30, 2006
    #54     Sep 30, 2006
  5. Humpy

Humpy

I dont want to pour cold water on such clever people as Phds. But spare a thought for most of the billionaires - they haven't even got basic degrees, mainly honary ones if any.
    Richard Branson for instance has 1 Ordinary level, a qualification of a thick 15 year old. The average office worker has about 10 and many have higher education on top.
    Yet Branson and company employ Phds and other qualified people by the thousand. Yes thousand.
    There IS something to making a succes of life and its hard to quantify but employ clever people and be cleverer

#55     Sep 30, 2006
  6. You picked the wrong handle it should be "sunshine" because you are just so sweet! :eek: You are calling me names simply because we have different views on economics. Nice.

I really should know better to discus economics with someone who has to come on a message board to ask what natural gas did in a particular day. If you can get online you can't find a site that has a chart of natural gas? However, I am sure you are not intellectually lazy though even though you can't put in the effort yourself to find natural gas markets. Good luck to you in the future. :cool:

Eric

#56     Sep 30, 2006
  7. The post you're referring to . . . I got the wrong month up on my screen. I had an excel file up for the November contract and I was looking at October. It has nothing to do with my intellect. I did not make a post blaming George Bush for my mistake.

If you wanted to make a difference in the economic system you should have went to school and actually studied it.

I get up and go to work everyday (an actual trading job) and don't want a butterfly-chasing utopian running around telling me our economy would be perfect if we just used the gold standard.

I think you're a freak because you use those little smilie things in your post and you think the people we as nation elect shouldn't be able to their job.

Good luck to you in the future.

#57     Sep 30, 2006
  8. WallStGolfer31

WallStGolfer31 Guest

Haha, no way. My father was a meteorologist (NYU PhD) I grew up with that stuff, and don't find it interesting at all.

"The three best jobs in the world are:
    1. Designated hitter for a major league baseball team.
    2. Meteorologist for a television affiliate station.
    3. Economist.
    What other jobs can you fail 70% of the time and still be considered good at your job?"

#58     Sep 30, 2006
  9. "should have went to school". There is some "intellect" for you.

Hey Islamafreak, why dont you cut out the "holier than thou" bullshit, after all you readily admit the following:

ImamicPH

12-01-05 09:22 AM

Possession of Narcotics -

The charges got dropped too.

#59     Sep 30, 2006

10. first the username has nothing to do with islam. I see you know how to search the web though.

Nothing I posted has to do with being "holy". I never complained about drug enforcement. I have no problem with the way laws are enforced.

If I make the decision to use drugs, then that's my choice. I know I may have to face the consequences.

The case just serves as another example of the DA getting it right. They didn't have a case. At least I don't live in Iraq, I would be dead right now.

#60     Sep 30, 2006