Pharmacists making six figures

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dividend, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mav88

Mav88

In North Carolina it is against the law to call yourself an engineer even if you have a phd, unless you have a professional engineers license.

There should be an analogous law here in ET that you can't call yourself a trader unless licensed by proper authority. It would sure help cut down on the snake oil.

#31     Mar 8, 2009
  2. Surdo

Surdo

Perhaps I missed it...who is pedaling their selling snake oil on this thread?

el surdo

#32     Mar 8, 2009
  3. Do you think that the SEC might make that judgement.:D

#33     Mar 8, 2009
  4. who pounced on you and why? the professional engineers licensing board would act in such a heavy-handed manner over a newspaper letter?

#34     Mar 8, 2009
  5. sure but if my elderly parents were in that situation i would hope that there is someone to guard the gullible. it is much like the maddoff scam. does not the government in its role of consumer protection have a right to protect people from scams?
    we recently had a case where a woman was talked into homeopathic cures for breast cancer. she eventually died and the homeopathic practitioner was sued and lost. it was determined that had the woman used conventional treatments early enough she would probably have survived.
    what about religious faith healers. do parents have a right to deny children treatments of conventional medicine because they believe in a natural cure called prayer?

#35     Mar 8, 2009

6. This is what is making the trend for integrated medicine world wide. The points you make whehn. For example the prescription Lovaza is FDA approved for heart patients. Before it was only alternative, or homeopath way to treat heart patients. Now it is prescribed.

#36     Mar 8, 2009
  7. who pounced on you and why? the professional engineers licensing board would act in such a heavy-handed manner over a newspaper letter?

I wrote a letter stating that in the 23 years since the Clean Water Act had been enacted, the Corp of Engineers had never prosecuted a single person for violating this law in North Carolina. I suspect that the civil engineers and realtors who were profiting from this conspiracy had more than something to do with it.

I sent this letter to 25 newspapers and the only ones that didn't print it was the paper in Norfolk and the Raleigh News and Observer.

#37     Mar 8, 2009
  8. promagma

promagma

I did ..... bookoo dollars on conventional & alternative medicine for 10 years and then I found the answer.

Seek and you shall find .... too bad it's never easy.

#38     Mar 8, 2009
  9. we should be open to ideas but for something to be sold as a cure it should at least be able to pass a double blind study.

#39     Mar 8, 2009
  10. With integrative the focus is not the cure always, but prevention. So that is why a double blind study is hard to do with prevention...there is nothing to study until time passes (after) the treatment.
    But I agree with you for double blind study for cures. No bias.

#40     Mar 8, 2009