Pharmacists making six figures

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dividend, Mar 8, 2009.

1. I wonder why other professions did not start this mafia style control over DC. :

In North Carolina it is against the law to call yourself an engineer even if you have a phd, unless you have a professional engineers license.

#21     Mar 8, 2009
  2. Homeopathy is home to quacks,scams and con men. how do you protect desperate people from getting fleeced by false hope peddlers if you dont have some kind of gate keeper?

#22     Mar 8, 2009
  3. define "desperate people" in the context of seeking medical care? :D

#23     Mar 8, 2009
  4. allow me to clarify.. are you talking about medical failures desperately seeking other help? :D

#24     Mar 8, 2009
  5. Many other states have laws like this as well, but it really only applies to design for construction where a PE stamp is needed. Most jobs have industry exemption so this doesn't help the average engineer.

#25     Mar 8, 2009
  6. One of my friends will be graduating with his pharmacy degree in a year. Its absolutely a very hard major (coming from an engineering major) and its true peoples lives are in your hands. It may seem like they just grab pills from a container, but its that 1% of the time that they catch mistakes that doctors make or spot hazardous combination's of drugs that they're getting paid for. They do however make bank... million dollar contracts for five years in Alaska anyone?

#26     Mar 8, 2009
    #27     Mar 8, 2009
  8. mostly in the context of people searching for cures that are nonexistant who are decieved into spending what little money and time they have left on scams.
    of course there is another group that delay legitimate treatments in favor of these scammers until its too late.

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/homeo.html

#28     Mar 8, 2009
  9. I am a retired aeronautical engineer who ran my own business with a record of excellence on government contracts.

I sent an article to the local paper and signed engineer and they immediately and viciously pounced on me and told me if I didn't apologize in writing that I would be prosecuted.

I replied that if they attempted to prosecuted me, then they better show some criminal intent on my part or I would sue them.

That's the last I ever heard from them.

Frankly, I never knew an aeronautical engineer with a professional engineers license.

#29     Mar 8, 2009
  10. you obviously mean their cure is deemed 'nonexistent" because they have already spent bookoo dollars with conventional medicine and remain sick?

so they continue seek help where they might find it? :D

wouldn't YOU?!

#30     Mar 8, 2009