Pharmacists making six figures

Discussion in 'Economics' started by dividend, Mar 8, 2009.

1. gnome

gnome

I never heard that view expressed before.

Ever had a burst appendix, aortic aneurysm, or open fracture?

When you do perhaps you'll be less smug.

#11     Mar 8, 2009
  2. TGregg

TGregg

That's the thing. No matter what, drug dispensers are going to be well paid. Better to pay them well up front.

#12     Mar 8, 2009
  3. I agree with you on this but Misterno makes an excellent point...

Why do the engineers and scientists who develop most of the tools and drugs used by drs make shit wages. Their jobs are just as important. It is because there is no body that regulates entrance into the field. Instead they have H1B Visas to compete with...

#13     Mar 8, 2009
  4. trader arb makes an excellent point.

#14     Mar 8, 2009
  5. +1
    I'm tired of engineers and computer scientists and IT people getting the shaft in this country

#15     Mar 8, 2009
  6. what made the work suck? boring ? tedious? I'd be the most worried about potential liability, how does that work for pharmacists?

#16     Mar 8, 2009
  7. lrm21

lrm21

You are correct. An enlightened person, who can see past the bullshit.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/rockwell/medical.html

#17     Mar 8, 2009
  8. Nattdog

Nattdog

it is true for all professions that are legally regulated and controlled. The cause of their relatively good wages are the limits on supply and competition that they create through lobbying. the "professions" are union jobs for those with a somewhat higher than average IQ.

#18     Mar 8, 2009
  9. Total BS.

have you ever had trouble getting an appointment?? The obvious answer is 'No".

Most of our morbidity is preventable but we continue choose to seek health solutions from the prescription.

Much of medical care is an endless loop that feeds on itself

#19     Mar 8, 2009
  10. clacy

clacy

This is bullshit. I sell to doctors/surgeons for a living and I can tell you that these docs are actually UNDER compensated for how much they work and how much talent it takes to become a doc.

The average person doesn't have the intellect or work ethic to learn everything that goes into becoming a doctor. Then once you're 32 y/o and $100,000k in debt, you have to work 80+ hours a week to make $125-350k per year. All things considered, these guys are under compensated in my opinion.

As for pharmacists, I probably wouldn't argue too hard that they are under compensated. Really they are nothing more than a retail manager, who has completed a science based education.

#20     Mar 8, 2009