PG&E utility possibly has blood on its hand due to negligence in regards to campfire

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Nov 15, 2018.

1. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/14/business/energy-environment/california-fire-utilities.html

From what I have been following for years while living in California, PG&E has been instrumental in causing destruction and loss of live through various incidence in the past due to its negligence. The campfire recently caused much of the NORCAL covered in smoke and appears, for the first time I remember, PG&E is forced to admit it could be liable for it. Potential damage in billions far more than insurance it covers.
    Current market cap is 17B$ after several deep plunge. I believe PG&E is shorted the crap out and go into oblivion so that newer and more responsible entity could replace it.

There has been at least an article in the past PG&E is possibly involved in some sort of investment vehicle with lots of middle jacking up the price and end customer took the bill at the highest cost. As one can imagine, electricity in CA is one of the highest in the nation.

2. ironchef

ironchef

What you are really saying is the rate payers in NorCal will be footing the bills of rebuilding Paradise and will compensate for the lives lost. That is typical California.

3. ironchef

ironchef

And my question to you is should we long or short PG&E calls/puts?

4. dont know, i think it is going to be volatile until the exact fine total is emerged. I think there is going to be a long period of lawsuit being followed.

5. They need to demonstrate against the outragious bill in California.