PG&E stock: Balls of steel stock play

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by trader99, Nov 15, 2018.

1. trader99

trader99

At first I thought swing trading will be hard because of my work schedule. Surprisingly, I now realized it's more fitting to my nature! As I've said before, I'm too slow for daytrading. But my chart reading skills are pretty decent.

So yesterday I got in PCG perhaps a little early $20 instead of the lows of $17.75 due to my work schedule. But I was confident that it would work out due to the chart patterns. Because I waited for the extreme lows. Not the first day of the drop but the 5th day. Of course, it could go to $0 like Lehman Brothers. But my reasoning that it's a utility and it can't fail. At least not too easy to fail.

When the news came out AH, I was relieved. I sold out everything today. It could still go higher. But I don't want to risk some random news about lawsuits and liabilities to drag it lower.

Overall, it was a worthy risk to take. I could have really leveraged up. But I think it's better not to bet too large of proportion of your portfolio on one idea.

#21     Nov 16, 2018
  2. trader99

trader99

Finally a trade I made it to the top % gainer overnight on Finviz. hehe
    upload_2018-11-17_7-2-30.png

#22     Nov 17, 2018
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. %%
    Hardly anything worth while does; could find some huge hints in post market. But i seldom look @ that:cool::cool:

#23     Nov 19, 2018
  4. trader99

trader99

I'm glad i got out all of my PCG stocks and options.

BTW, where did you get that chart? Bear Stearn is a dead stock. I love to find a site with data on deceased stocks. Please post link.

Thanks!

#24     Jan 8, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

That came from an article, but they used this. Unfortunately its not free. http://eoddata.com/products/historicaldata.aspx

#25     Jan 8, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  6. LOL; like a dead duck// dead cat bounce.May not mean much ,PG&E has GE in it LOL; its still going down on weekly charts.Its not just their CA goofs,natural+ man made disasters,PG&E has a track record stupidity/rip offs.............................................................:D:D

#26     Jan 10, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  7. trader99

trader99

Back in Nov 15 I was logn the stocks and calls. Then I flipped it now the next day.

I bought puts a few days ago. Now it's paying off. Pre-market is ugly red. Let's see... :)

#27     Jan 11, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. trader99

trader99

#28     Jan 12, 2019
    murray t turtle and Stockolio like this.
  9. #29     Jan 13, 2019
    trader99 likes this.
  10. #30     Jan 13, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.