PfgBest ECN vs FXDD ECN

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by R1234, Feb 19, 2011.

1. R1234

R1234

Both firms offer ECN forex trading. Just curious if anybody has compared spreads between the 2 brokers *ON THEIR ECN PLATFORMS*.

By ECN I mean no-dealing desk / straight through processing platforms.

Thanks.

2. Straight through processing in Forex means entirely different from what you think...They simply mean that your trades pass through thier automated software....lol...your trades for 0.01 do not go straight to UBS...too funny...

ES

3. R1234

R1234

I know retail ECN is not in the same league as institutional stuff like hotspot.

But are they misleading retail customers by claiming stuff like 'no dealing desk intervention', 'no markups on quotes', etc? How can they legally claim straight through if it's just another bucket shop model?

I wonder if Interactive Brokers is full of crap where they are claiming "No hidden price spreading, no markup, no kickbacks. Just the combination of real time prices from 13 of the world's largest FX dealing banks plus a transparent, low commission that avoids the conflict of interest of FX platforms which deal for their own account. ".