PFGbest ?cmon, somebody has to know

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ditt, Jul 12, 2002.

1. ditt

ditt

I came to ET to check out futures brokers,after extensive study I think PFG has the best trading platform for me,a little spendy at $14.00 rt, but they answ. the phones about the 3rd ring and cust. serv seems good.Been trading on their demo for about a week and it seems a little glitchy, does anybody trade with these guys and could possibly share their experiences with them. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Mike

2. ditt

ditt

Guess I'm the only one wants to use them,

3. I've never traded through PFG but I thought their demo seemed a little slow. I would make sure fills are faster on the real platform than the demo before I move forward. $14 is also a little pricy. You should be able to find the same service with the same quality software for a little less. My .02 anyways.

-Todd

4. nice for a backup but I think IB has them beat hands down on price and platform.

5. I had used them briefly a couple of years ago and I was charged $11/RT. Execution was fair but their software at that time was a little buggy. Could have improved by now. $14/RT though during this time does seem pricey considering the current competition.

6. I tried their demo (full of bugs) and did not open an account. I talked to their reps a number of times. The ticket charge is negotiable... I think you can get it down to about $8.00 round trip.
    There are some traders in Paltalk rooms every morning that do use PFG and have for a couple years. Buffy at www.dacharts.com seems to like them just fine. Good Luck

~EC

7. ditt

ditt

Thanks for the replys . thats what I was looking for,someone who is using them.I've also found the demo to be moody,but their reps assure me the real version is'nt like that but I'd rather hear a customers side.
    Thanks again,Mike

8. I have been around the bases several times with brokers. I am not interested in the broker bashing stories I can tell you but I will keep my advice simple.: IB has no equal for trading futures. Accept that advice or go ahead and find out the hard way.

9. ditt

ditt

Thanks for your advice.I spent 5-6 days with IB demo and read their cust. discussion board, recieved acct app.,and researched as far as I could. IB was my first choice ,but I decided they were not for me. I'm just a small fish,trade 2 cont., 1-3 trades a day.Maybe I don't have the exp. to app. IB.For those that like them, good for you. Thanks for all the replys
    Mike

10. My advice is to get out a spreadsheet and compare your number of trades and multiply that by your current commission and then multiply that by the $5 commission that can be had without any negotiating or any contact with a broker...And the argument that customer service is worth the extra cost is really not true...There is no way that trading 2 lots at $14 per rt as opposed to $5 per rt will even out over the course of a given year...This is also assuming that there are no glitches with the BEST Direct platform, which I used briefly in 2000 and had multiple issues and trade errors with...

My two cents worth...

#10     Jul 12, 2002