PFG Trustee expected to pay twice as much for some accounts as others?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by comintel, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Shorty53

Shorty53

Thanks for your reply and appreciate your attempt to help comintel;

I was letting INTELSSD know he is not alone in the lack of a payout.
    No, did not receive letter from Vision. Address has not changed. Documentation and claim form filled out and trustee has given me a claim number. It appears not all accounts were transferred to Vision. Trustee website has a list of accounts that were transferred to Vision--mine is not listed. According to trustee nothing has been paid out on my behalf. I've gotten no response via their help "hotline."

#11     Jan 1, 2013
  2. Ah ok I forgot that some accounts were held. One reason (among others) given was where the IRS failed to confirm a match between taxpayer name and taxpayer id. It could just be a typo somewhere or something like that.

I agree that their hotline is poor service. All you can do is listen to a long message which duplicates what is already on the web, and then they say there is an option to leave a message.

There should be a number where people can call and talk to a live person, but there is none. And certainly they should have written you about it.

Maybe Vision has contacts at the trustee and could help mediate if you ask them?

#12     Jan 1, 2013