PFG Trader Challenge

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Foz, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Foz

Foz

Is anyone from ET doing PFG's Trader Challenge? This is a 6 month futures trading contest and a good chance for "big talkers" to demonstrate their trading skill with independent verification. More info on the challenge at http://www.pfgbest.com/cta/contest_details.asp

I'm not affiliated with PFG. I'm just interested in if anyone is doing the challenge. And I'd rather hear about people doing the challenge before it starts rather than after it begins (and only if the traders results are good enough to boast about).

2. I've seen it advertised in a magazine. I think this is just another way for the PFG brokers to try to open accounts and drum up commissions.

Look at the commissions they charge. For electronic traded they'll rob you. $8.00 per round turn plus more fees in addition to that. PFG hasn't changed a bit. Many horror stories are out there.

No thanks PFG.

I think I'd rather take my chances walking through Central Park in New York City at 2 o'clock in the morning after the police go on strike.

3. its a marketing tactic, that's all. Take it for what its worth.

Anyway, I have no idea what it has to do with 'self employment'.?....

Just a thought,

triple

4. Foz

Foz

The PFG Challenge is advertised as a "CTA Challenge". Startup CTA's are self employed.

Perhaps "Retail Firms" would be a more appropriate forum. I suggest you discuss it with the moderator if it is important to you. It is fine with me if you want to have the thread moved.

5. lindq

lindq

Those challenges are a marketing gimmick. Even if there was a serious "prize", you put your best system to work and net 50%. But some joker "buys" 50,000 shares of XYZ at 19 cents. He gets lucky, it quadruples, and he walks away with it.

6. Actually, these two contest here require trading of real money accounts of significanct sums (25K or so, if I remember correctly). Unless you are a multimillionaire or nutzo, I think most entrants will trade in a reasonable fashion.

The PFG contest is also interesting in that it accounts for the risk of your trading (ie, downside volatility).

7. The "trading contest" has started by now, is there anyone on this board in the contest ?