PFG freezes accounts, CEO attempts suicide

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Maverick74, Jul 9, 2012.

1. You're one of the few people to notice this...it's as if no one understands that there is a real dark side to this perpetual ZIRP b.s.

#71     Jul 10, 2012
  2. This is why I stick to equity markets and have multiple brokerage accounts to stay under SIPC limits.

You can't trust these people. I would not touch a futures account.

#72     Jul 10, 2012
  3. How about just raising commissions? I don't understand why there isn't a really simple requirement: no customer fund commingling. Period. It works for equity accounts, should also apply to futures.

#73     Jul 10, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ron, far far more FX bucketshops have gone under then FCMs. Do you want me to start posting them? There are probably 5 a month that get shut down. FX bucketshops are the least safe place for your money. Of course you already knew that. You were just trying to add negative value again to the convo. LOL.

#74     Jul 10, 2012
  5. I got what you were saying. My point is unless something is obvious when a new chump takes over the firm you thought was good, and safe, things can turn and everyone, but the clowns cleaning up are the last to know. MF, Madoff, you name it, they all took some big time players through a world of financial pain, not just the retail guy. All those smart, in the know people didn't figure it out.
    I mentioned Advantage in my post, and IB as I can sweep my cash to an insured account. Again, at any point some idiot at any of these firms could do something stupid, and there goes the firm and my money. To be honest I cleared through RCG I think 15 years ago, and I spent time every week calling to get statements corrected. They had positions wrong, money wrong, etc. I was always able to have it corrected, but I closed up and swore to never go back. Then again, I swore I'd never open with IB again, and I have an account there now. So far so good, and the people I worked with opening the account were fantastic. One of which responds on ET.
    My Dad use to tell me stories about companies he worked with as a lawyer. The nicest, smartest, well off, church going guys were sadly just as likely to step over the line for money as everyone else. Some as a result of a bad decision that should have just been a bad decision, but they got scared, as it was their responsibilty to always be right they thought, and they would double down so to speak. As usually happens it would fail even bigger, and everyone else paid. They would get fired, but still have all their pay and bonuses and perks, but the little guys got laid off, or let go.
    This crap isn't unique to equities, or futures brokers, hedgies, etc.

#75     Jul 10, 2012
  6. fred1

fred1

the same for ANY government organisation anywhere. look at europe!

#77     Jul 10, 2012
  7. #78     Jul 10, 2012
  8. Interesting, Advantage is actually fairly far down the list. Thanks

#79     Jul 10, 2012
  9. SteveH

SteveH

I remember in 2005/2006 that Ken Wood was pushing his cult crew over to get PFG accounts, in part, to autotrade his losing system (and who knows what kind of financial kickbacks for himself), acting like he was best buds with the owner. At the time, I thought, "well, that's one broker I definitely need to avoid".

#80     Jul 10, 2012